New Henson Region 2 DVD's coming this November

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
That moving background coupled with the main site graphicsn is making my eyes hurt :smile:

anathema

Reaction score
The words 'slow', 'unusable' and 'pointless' spring to mind. And to cap it all off, the thing doesn't even work properly! I clicked 'back' after trying to view an item, and I got a blank display for my trouble. Waste of space.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
3rd Update

MORE NEWS :

According to DVD Debate.com as well the "MFC" & "TCT" there's a couple more DVD's :halo:

No more news yet about "MFC" & "TCT" begin a double feature or a box set :frown: . However oddly enough "MFC" will be released on DVD on it's own on the same date 3rd November '03.

Any ideas what it could be ?

Here's the list of other "Henson/Muppet" DVD(s) will be released :
  • MUPPET FAMILY CHRISTMAS BOX (don't what it is :concern: ) - 3rd Nov. '03
  • LABYRINTH/DARK CRYSTAL(BX SET) - 3rd Nov. '03
  • BEAR/BIG BLUE HOUSE-WOODLAND.. - 3rd Nov. '03
  • FARSCAPE SERIES 2 BOX SET - 3rd Nov. '03
  • VERY MERRY MUPPET CHRISTMAS - 24th Nov '03

anathema

Reaction score
turlem said:
is this mfc complete?
Highly unlikely. The only version ever released in the UK (to date) is the second edit, which omits the tree-lighting and stocking scenes.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
4th UPDATE

According to Columbia here's the deatails for "Muppet Family Christmas" DVD :

RUNNING TIME 97 mins
CATALOG No. CDRP1228
CLOSE CAPTIONED Yes
MENU LANGUAGE English
LANGUAGE English
AUDIO OPTIONS Stereo
NUMBER OF DISKS 1
ASPECT RATIO 1.33:1
TYPE DVD5
SPECIAL FEATURES
Muiscal Highlights
"The Christmas Toy"

cthe.co.uk
Christmas Toy as a special feature :confused: - GREAT!!! :excited:

anathema

Reaction score
Predictable.

It's the same photo that's been trotted out for every release of this show since the mid-90s.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I love how they make no effort to change it from the last three releases.

The first UK release had a Green Background,The there was a Gold US one and now a Blue/Snow one.

They are so lazy.

One good thing about CTHE is the Extras they give us!
Of Muppets and Men, The Muppet Classic Theatre and now The Christmas Toy!
Heck those arent Extras, They are there own programs! So thats brilliant!

I really hope that Down at Fraggle Rock: Behind The Scenes is on the Fraggle Rock disc in January !

see ya

King Prawn

Reaction score
How original :rolleyes:

At least the background is a little nicer and has that Christmas feel to it, A long time ago there was one released here in the UK, which was simply a green Background with a Santa Kermit bursting through, Even that is better than these, all four characters look out of scale to me.

And what I don't understand is why they don't include SS or FR character's on the cover, I mean are they not aloud to? Maybe if Big Bird was on it SS fans would be drawn to it too or Parents might buy it for their children.

I mean come on you could have a fire place with the Fraggles Head popping out over it (as they did in the movie, they were on top of one weren't they) then have a sofa infront with Gonzo, Scooter, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Emily Bear sittinf on it with Robin on the arm rest. then standing on the right of the sofa you could have Big Bird, Bert, Ernie & Swedish Chef, behind the sifa they could have Count, Rowlf, Grover, Bunsen & Beaker and on the left side The Christmas Turkey and the snowman aswell as Sprocket and lets just throw Elmo in their to attract the kiddies.

And to make it even more grand than what it would be, add a Christmas Tree on the far right with some Christmas Toy characters under it, they were Christmas presents after all.

Now would that be better than :smile: :mad: :embarrassed: :concern: breaking through the background all out of proportion to each other?