1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Light Shed on 2004 Palisades Figures and Playsets

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by ElectricMayhem9, Nov 12, 2003.

1. ElectricMayhem9

ElectricMayhem9 New Member

:crazy: ;) :)

PICKED UP THE NEW TOYFARE TODAY! BIG NEWS!

Not only is there a comic featuring the Muppet action figures there is BIG NEWS on the releases of 2004!

1) Uncle Deadly and Nurse Piggy will see figure form in 2004!

2) We will see a 10 1/2" Sweetums in 2004!

3) The BIGGEST NEWS! We will see the Backstage Playset in 2004! "A 2.5 floor playset designed specifically to house many of the accessories from all the series and as many as 15 figures. It even comes with a fully naked ROWLF!"

Seems we are getting most everything we want! Hopefully an Annie Sue action figure will be soon to come! At least that is my personal wish!
  2. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lord....
    THANK YOU :flirt:
  3. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

Wow! This is so exciting! Were there any pictures? Or was this all that it said? That is great news! Uncle Deadly! Nurse Piggy! Naked Rowlf! Backstage! I guess this probably means that Vets Hosptal, if it is made, will come with Janice - also great news! I am so excited... Ihave to go to the bookstore and check it out! :)
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wonder how where and when Dr. :sympathy: and Nurse :flirt: will comeout...
  5. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

That is so awesome about a big Sweetums! I love him!

And the playset is a dream come true!

Man, Palisades, seriously should rename themselves "Santa's Workshop" because they are pulling off toy dreams of my childhood.
  6. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

Man, where am I going to put all of this tuff? This is the best news I've had all day. :) :D :eek:
  7. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Hmm, 2.5 floors? I only recall 1.5, the floor, the stairs, and the upstairs ledge. Guess Ken will have to explain that, unless it's a misprint. Man, I wonder how big this thing is going to be! 15 figures... yikes! And also, yippee!

Uncle Deadly- YES.

Nurse Piggy- great that we're finally seeing this. Will she come with Foo-foo, I wonder?

Although it would be strange for Rowlf to carry two playsets, can Janice carry the VH playset?

VH must be coming out either at the end of next year or the beginning of 2005.

This explains how Rowlf and Sal couldn't be in the same series, if one's not in a series.

So in series 9 & 10, we've got Nurse Piggy, Uncle Deadly, and Sal, and possibly Piggy as Benjamina Gunn, although her presence in nurse form sort of makes that less likely. Did it specifically say Nurse Piggy would come by herself, or did it leave in the possibility that she'd be carrying the playset? If Benjamina isn't the S9 MTI figure, then who is? Clueless? Blind Pew?

All in all, some great news!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  8. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

I have that correction...

Those of you who may recall, I was planning to build this playset myself, from scratch and 2.5 floors it IS. There are the changing rooms upstairs (1 floor) the main floor with Kermit's desk and all (2 floors) and the stairway in the center of the first floor going DOWN to a door that leads to an alley (0.5 floors if I am not mistaken...) So yeah, that's about 2.5 floors.
    Uncle Deadly... The only muppet totally scare me to death as a kid... I need him, if only to burn one for scaring me so bad. I can scare my nephews with the other ones.
    Who cares about Nurse Piggy...
    Sweet-Umss... Yeah... That rocks...
  9. Robin W.

Robin W. New Member

Hi, EM9!

Are there any pics available? I am dying to find out more! This is the best news in ages!

Best wishes,

Robin W.
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

FYI, Toyfare was talking about the next year so those figures and playset could be anywhere in Waves 9 - 11. People jump to conclusions that they are announcing the immediate stuff - we won't know that till Toy Fair. Apparently the Playset isn't going to be big in a Theatre sense. It's being tricked a little wth collapsable walls and stuff. Great news though.
  11. Thijs

Thijs Member

Very good news, especially about the playset. But I heard that 2004 will have 2 playsets: one remake of an old playset, and one new playset. That means no Vet's Hospital. Or maybe Doctor Bob will be released just as the Newsman, with a small playset.
  12. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I think that Ken said that there are going to be two new playsets next year in addition to the remake of an old one. I think that Vets Hospital will be the second new playset - probably with Nurse Janice.

Also, Ken said that the backstage playset is the next one that is going to be made. I hope that helps...
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

BACKSTAGE PLAYSET! NURSE PIGGY! NEKKID ROWLF! UNCLE DEADLY!!

Life...is good. :)
  14. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Uncle Deadly is going to be such a fabulous figure! It will be interesting because we so rarely see all of him....
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Oddly enough Ken REALLY said that Rowlf :sympathy: and SAM :attitude: won't be in the same series....
  16. This is so awsome! Backstage with naked rowlf! That is the best of all, and Sweetums!
    Are we going to see Pops, Lips, Or the muppet sports castor? Or maybe even Wayne and Wanda!
    Great news!!!!!!!!
    Tyler
  17. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Awsome news!!!!!! Yes! Reg Rowlf and a backstage set! the perfect choice! I hope Gaffer can be thrown in! I wonder about a upright piano too?
    If no Gaffer then maybe with the Pops figure.

I could see a Nurse Jancie working well with the vets set, that way there wouldn't be two nurse figures in the main line, and Dr. Bob could come carded!Hopefuly Foo Foo can come with Nurse Piggy!

Uncle deadly's coming too yeah!!!!!!!!!

Great Muppety news!
  18. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

A few points as usual.

1 WembleyFraggle, here's what we think might happen for the characters you listed in your post.
    a. It's a very strong possibility that we might see Pops in the GMC spot designated as part of S9, though it should be noted that nothing's been announced as of yet.
    2 Lips is a strong fan fav and might appear further down the road.
    c. Lewis Kazagger, the Muppets Sports broadcaster, would be a bit of a longshot, but as Ken always says... Anything is Possible.
    2 Zack, Ken said that the backstage won't come with the upright piano. Just no space for it in the set. Some of us have tried coming up with other ideas as to how we could get the piano, though.
    a. Some have mentioned outsourcing a good dolls accessories catalog or store like GBU shops at.
    b. Some, mainly myself, have suggested packing it with another figure like Nigel the Orchestra Conductor.
    c. Another person suggested it be included with a front stage playset should that one ever be made.
    d. Others have suggested it be made for a regular Rowlf variant to be carded and sold as part of the line further down the road.
    e. But the majority of people seem to want the piano with a regular Rowlf variant as a possible club exclusive figure.
    Hope this helps and have a good night.

Oh, and Zack, Ken wasn't sure as to the fate of Gaffer. In the Muppet Questions 3! thread he said that the cat wouldn't come with the backstage, but in the Muppet Questions 4! thread he said that nothing had been definitely said on that point.
    Maybe this covers his bases for having the cat either with the playset or with the doorman.
  19. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

20. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member