1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Light Shed on 2004 Palisades Figures and Playsets

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by ElectricMayhem9, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

OH BOY! Wow! I'm too excited about this!! I agree, even if the doors open to a drop off it'd be cool if they opened up so we could at least build dressing rooms for back there!

I don't remember there being the pole in the middle next to the stairs going down. Of course, I've never seen the stuff Palisades is likely able to see.

This thing is just too great.

I hope I live through the whole time to collect all these things and play with them before I kick the bucket.

Not that I plan on it, but you know...
  2. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Kev, Your muppetsational! Happy Kermit the Frog day to you! :)

take care,

Zach,
  3. Fozzie Bear

Back at ya, little buddy!! :)

You should start a whole thread for that!! :)
  4. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

The pics are also on the Palisades forum. Also there's the final of PIS (on the forum, not in a Daily Bit).

As to the questions:

Ken recently told me that Nurse Piggy won't come with Foo-foo.

Ken still wants to do Lips, eventually. I couldn't think of anything Lips would come with, except maybe an Electric Mayhem album. Ken said he couldn't tell me what Lips would come with, but it'll be sweet- um, that is, it would be sweet.

My own guess is we'll see Lips in 2005 but don't hold him to that.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well, now wait a second there Gorgon Heap.

If the contract ends at the end of 2005, and we can't or shouldn't hold Ken to an actual release of Lips in either 2004 nor 2005, then when would we hold his release for? After 2005? The contract would be over by then and Lips still wouldn't have been made. That is, unless he does get made and released in either 2004 or 2005, or the contract gets renewed and Lips gets released in post-2005 terms.
    Hope this helps, and sorry for the comment above.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Thats pretty cool(thebackstage playset) Its going to come with gaffer cat right?

Uncle Deadly; very cool. I hope we see more ornately obscure characters like that.

To be honest, I wish Palisades or another company made a smaller line, so it would be like Star Wars line...where we got a whole mess of characters. If I Was rich that's what I'd do...instead of 4 characters every few months, like 12 characters every few months!

Also I am saddened: no announcement on the theare? :(
  7. The Count

Well, to tell the truth, it seems like as if Ken's waffling on whether or not to include a figural representation of Gaffer with the backstage. Before closing down the "Muppet Questions 3!" thread over at the Palisades forum, he said that Gaffer wouldn't come with the backstage. But then in the "Muppet Questions 4!" thread, he said that nothing had been decided one way or another. Gaffer might be included with the playset, as well as being included with a designated figure, as well as be saved for some other release opportunity.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  8. Fozzie Bear

Don't be so upset over the theater! Remember when there was no announcement about the Backstage? ;)

I don't want the action figures smaller than they are, but I did have a desire for them to appear in the size of those Star Wars Action Fleets, with the moveable arms and legs! Just imagine how the playsets could work THEN...you could fit the entire theater, backstage, dressing rooms, etc, in one box. That would be cool. Of course, smaller characters like Rizzo and Pepe and Robin would have to come as a little piece with no movement on them at all, y'know.
  9. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Member

At a wild guess.... a trumpet? :)
  10. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

And theres always the suggestion I made about a tiny EM Bus model like the Swine Trek.
  11. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

and maybe a trumpet case. :)
  12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Yeah, that too. Though I'm not really a fan of the sax case with Zoot, but I guess it's for that realistic look.
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Shhhh, don't say the B word on here(we don't wanna get Ken in trouble;) )
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Was there ever a Reglar Link Hogthrob? As in did he ever show up just wearing something besides a space outfit. I know he wore other outfits but as in like how Piggy has her wordrob. Does Link have his own? And if he does could some one give me a pic. I would love to see a reglar Link in the Line.
  15. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

It's almost exactly what I pictured...

So first off, Fozzie's DYING??? If this is a joke, dude, that's a crappy joke. If not, sorry to hear it man!!! Tell Ken it would give you reason to hang on a few more years, knowing that there will be more Muppets. There ya go. Sunny side up. just like we likes em.
    Anyway, I am thrilled for this line to continue.
    Just a quick reference cause I am not certain on this, but how many lines come out per year??? If I was certain on that, I could have a list in my head of how many figs I could hope to expect. Of course, the MTI crap is the wild card, sucking up slots for real figs, but what the hey.
    And does anyone else see the logic that we will almost certainly see the Muppet Sports Announcer and Lips??? I mean, we have Marvin Suggs and Uncle Deadly for crying out loud... I love both of em, but I can count U.D. and Marvin's appearances on both hands. I don't even need toes. If they made THOSE guys (mostly due to fan support) then the others will certainly be made. You just gotta have faith.
  16. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

The only time I remember him wearing a diffrent outfit is the brief shot of him in The Muppet Movie I think.
  17. The Count

A few points as usual...

1 I think that Kev only kid us when he said he was dying. Probably dying of amazement at the backstage playset.
    2 Kyle, others have mentioned a regular Link Hogthrob though I'm not sure what the reference source is for that one. I can tell you however, there's a great photo of a regular Julius Strangepork in the Best of Muppet Magazine hardcover book where he interviews Isaac Asimov.
    3 Cap Backfire, there will be foure series released from Palisades Toys for their Jim Henson's Muppets action figure line. That is, if everything goes smoothly and there aren't any unforseen inoportune events like those from last year which slow down the release of said series.
    4 As for accessories for Lips, he could come with:
    a. His trumpet.
    b. His trumpet's carrying case.
    c. Miss Horn from the Lena Horne TMS episode.
    d. Some sort of bandstand seat for himself, or a stoll for him to sit on.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  18. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

One man's crap is another man's treasure.

Or in this case, buried treasure.
  19. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

Ken,
    You have no idea how much Im looking forward to the Backstage playset.
    Cant wait
    Jamie
  20. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

The backstage set is a stroke of marketing genius. I want it and it makes me want more figs to put in it. I may have to get another job. I also think the Pigs in Space set looks nice and it is the best Miss Piggy to date. It almost makes me want to buy it and Strangepork and Heartthrob, but not quite. But I'm drooling over the backstage.