New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
Hey Amanda,
This is Linda.(by the way, thanks for laughin at my AA joke!)
Just thought i would say Hi. Since I'm new too i guess I realy can't welcome you from an experienced view point but as rookie, welcome.

-Linda

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Hey... names chris but please call me Sgt Pepper or Sarge

I'm 15 and I've loved the muppets from an early age... somewhere along the ages of 8-10 I decided that I was gonna be "cool" and pretend i listen to rap and watch power rangers... not no stupid puppets... then a year ago I moved to a new neigboorhood where I wasn't the only white kid in my school and I sorta discovered myself all over again... I was reborn... I studyed old TV shows and filled morons with my knowlage on music history... I also complain about everything cool (accept muppets). I'm involved in drama and I listen to alot of old music. I'm a huge Grateful Dead Fan and I've lateley been getting into punk.

In the future I plan to be either an actor/comedian, drama teacher, muppeteer, or a Music/Pop-Culture Historian.

Ohh and if I get the right reasearch I wanna do a biography on Jim Henson because I'm afraid that children in the future will forget about Jim, just like todays kids have forgotten about good music.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by SgtPepper
somewhere along the ages of 8-10 I decided that I was gonna be "cool" and pretend i listen to rap...not no stupid puppets... then a year ago I moved to a new neigboorhood where I wasn't the only white kid in my school and I sorta discovered myself all over again.
That kind of pigeonholes rap fans. I am a big fan or rap music, and though I am not cool par se, I am an even bigger Muppet fan (and puppets in general). Also let me say, being the only white kid in school has nothing to do with the amount of hip-hop fans you run into. There is a school in the next city over from mine that is 98% Caucason, yet I have hear that there is a rap fanbase there that encompases roughly 80% of their student body. It just goes back to the point that though the world is comprised of people who are dense as bricks and have thought processes that work about as fast as a Bassett hound moves (trust me, I have one), the music isn't the reason for it. Like any group of people, there are a few winners and a WHOLE lot of losers. Rap fans, rock fans, races, creeds, you name it. So, if you like rap, that's cool, if you don't, that's also cool. But don't think you have to listen to it to fit in or drop it to get out of the "cool" circles. I am pretty much outcast from the rest of the kids at school and I'm sure I know real rap better than the entire student body. But, as you saw in my other post, I listen to rock too. I listen to everything (I'm also a big Grateful Dead fan).

So, after this long post, my point is, just do your own thing. One sentence with a long lead-up. :big_grin:

-Matt

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
That kind of pigeonholes rap fans. I am a big fan or rap music, and though I am not cool par se, I am an even bigger Muppet fan (and puppets in general). Also let me say, being the only white kid in school has nothing to do with the amount of hip-hop fans you run into. There is a school in the next city over from mine that is 98% Caucason, yet I have hear that there is a rap fanbase there that encompases roughly 80% of their student body. It just goes back to the point that though the world is comprised of people who are dense as bricks and have thought processes that work about as fast as a Bassett hound moves (trust me, I have one), the music isn't the reason for it. Like any group of people, there are a few winners and a WHOLE lot of losers. Rap fans, rock fans, races, creeds, you name it. So, if you like rap, that's cool, if you don't, that's also cool. But don't think you have to listen to it to fit in or drop it to get out of the "cool" circles. I am pretty much outcast from the rest of the kids at school and I'm sure I know real rap better than the entire student body. But, as you saw in my other post, I listen to rock too. I listen to everything (I'm also a big Grateful Dead fan).

So, after this long post, my point is, just do your own thing. One sentence with a long lead-up. :big_grin:

-Matt
Yeah I also listen to alot of stuff... accept pop R&B and Country...

but being the only white kid in school was only the first step... I was also short, poor, smelly, and Deep Inside I was a loser... I was actually not racialy out of place but mentaly... the place I moved had much more loosers like me... (just not all of them watch muppets.)

But back on the subject of rap... I was a young kid with a venerable mind... I wanted to fit in... I liked rock but If I were to listen to that stuff in school I would get a lot of weird looks (even thogh I don't care about those now).

Anyway right now I'm doing my own thing... no matter how many people hate it... I still get alot of strange looks... but I've passed that.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
That kind of pigeonholes rap fans. I am a big fan or rap music, and though I am not cool par se, I am an even bigger Muppet fan (and puppets in general). -Matt
I liked rap(and yes I was a big fan) back when it was innocent in
the 80's with groups like RUN DMC, Fat Boys, and Public Enemy.
Then again I was into Weird Al and Devo^_^

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
I'm a Weird Al fan to. But i like anything form Slim Shady to Josh Groban! Classical to Hip-Hop. Whatever is playin on the radio is fine with me!

And as far as what everyone else thinks, I try not to care. I'm not part of the "popular" crowd but i have friends who are just like me, and we dont realy care what they think.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Thanks for noticin' me, Linda!
.....Yall were talkin' about music and stuff...I like everything from jazz to bluegrass to 80's to oldies to classical! I'm just not particularly fond of rap....(I wanna be a Bangle, truly! Hehehe.) I also am a BIG old movie fanatic! And a MAJOR bookworm!!!! :-D (I'm a major GEEK, actually....But I LIKE being a geek!!!) I'm also a spaz....:-D I also forgot to mention another fave SS character: The Amazing Mumford!!!!!! And a fave TMS character that I MISS, MISS ,MISS: BEAUREGARD!!!! And in new Muppets....I love Sal, Dr. Phil Van Neuter, & BOBO. It's kinda fun, talking to yall, b/c I'm often the resident crazy, spaztic, WAAAY too enthusiastic, dork among my friends!!!!! Some of them LAUGH whenI get passionate a/b things like Muppets or music or Batman or books. (Yall make me feel relatively NORMAL.)
"Ala-peanut-butter-sandwiches"

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
(I'm a major GEEK, actually....But I LIKE being a geek!!!)
Don't worry... as far as I can see were all Geeks/Nerds/Loosers

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
Oh yeah, completly agree. I consider myself all of the above!!

Mandy: No prob, everyone needs to be welcomed sometime, i wasnt so i thougt i would be nice and welcome u! :big_grin:

and it sounds like we have alot in common too! I was raised on bluegrass and i love it, i'm a complete book worm(its all my mom can do to make me put down a book) and my sis and i wanted to be in the Bangle group, i got so excited when i heard that they were coming back out with a new record!

and to every geek out there, at least we're not like Steeve Erclle!

Natalie

Reaction score
OK, um, no...I'm definitely not any of those! Hehe. Not that there's anything wrong with that, most of my friends are geeks and nerds and dorks. People like that tend to be more unique and have a more real personality. I just don't like to call myself anything like that. I am who I am, I don't normally follow the crowd, but it doesn't mean I'm a loser. So just to clarify, I don't think everyone or anyone on here is one of those. Nobody needs to be labeled anyway. :wink:
(That whole post was said light heartedly)

Also, Matt, you're the only white guy in your school?? what?