New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi bethany, Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for.:smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hellow Bethany! I completely understand the feeling of trying to recapture lost childhood; I'm sure many people here feel the same way! I hope you find many wonderful things, both old and new, and I hope you find this a long and fun ride. Make sure that seatbelt is pulled tight, lol!

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Welcome CookieCountDawn! Bethany, if it's movies/videos/specials your looking for, see KermiClown, he's been collecting that stuff for 30 years!

Darlingnikki

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Nikki. I am 20 years old, and I stumbled upon this forum quite by accident, but I love it! I've been a huge fan of Sesame Street all my life, and I was pretty happy to find this place! From what I've seen, its a really big forum, and everyone is super-friendly :smile: and the smilies ROCK!

I love Sesame Street and the Muppet Show, I was never into Fraggle Rock though. My two favorite characters are the 2 old men in the balcony. :sleep: :boo: I believe those are them!

And, I used to call my mom "Oscar" all the time too.

I've kinda rambled here, but thanks for listening!

Nikki

Teheheman

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm not sure if I introduced myself or not but My name's Daniel, and I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm a big muppets fan, and am a fan of Gonzo, Fozzie, the Swedish Chef, Bunsen and Beeker(especially Beeker) Waldor and Statler, and of course, ANIMAL, ANIMAL lol. I also write parodies of country music songs and wrote one for Big and Rich's "Wild West Show" for the Muppets. It's on the board somewhere. I'm not sure where lol, but it's also on the parody site that I have below(if you wanna comment on it, you can, like i said, it's on the board somewhere.) If ya wanna know more, let me know, or get back to me somehow.

Daniel

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Hellote. I'm me. Nice to meet all of you.

Long story short: I was a huge fan of the Muppets when I was younger, but in my teens got sidetracked by things like the quest for glory, a brief stint as a comic book artist, and an especially delicious blueberry muffin (that last one occupied most of my time). Last Christmas, however, my life took a serious and drastic turn for the awesomer when my mom bought the Muppet Christmas Carol DVD. I quickly developed an intense love for all things Muppety, and upon watching Down at Fraggle Rock, I had a sudden realization: THIS is what I want to be doing for the rest of my LIFE!!! And with that I purchased a puppet, practiced my puppeteering, and it's all gone wonderfully uphill from there.

Okay, so, as for favorites, my favorite movies are The Muppet Movie, Muppet Christmas Carol, and The Dark Crystal (which takes the cake as my favorite movie PERIOD), my favorite TV shows are The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock, my favorite characters are Gonzo (whom I have been a fan of my entire life), Ernie, Wembley, Boober, Mokey, Traveling Matt, Cantus, The Electric Mayhem, Fozzie, Bunsen, Beauregard...the list could go on for a good long time. Oh yeah, and my favorite performer is Dave.

My favorite Muppet memories were watching the first episode of The Muppet Show for the first time, watching Down at Fraggle Rock for the first time, and watching MuppetVision 3-D for the first time.

I guess I could stop typing now.

Reaction score
It's time to say Hi

Like a lot of you, I stumbled on to this site and was drawn in by the questionaire regarding palisades action figures. Sure, as a child I was crazy about all things jim Henson (my first dog was named muppet), and I've always had a soft spot for wearing the t-shirts and being the characters for halloween. My real collection only started recently, though. I saw a small collection of Palisades figures that belonged to someone else, and envy enveloped me. I told my husband I must have these wonderful things, and my collection grew faster than I ever hoped. Thanks to some lucky purchases on ebay and from comic shop sales, I've got 39 Palisades figures and one bust, a muppet chess set, Jim Henson's stamp set, and my pride and joy, Jim's autograph. Not including all the dvds, t-shirts, and memorabilia already kicking around the house, it's a good start. My holy grail would be the $200 Kermit replica, but I have high hopes come christmas time.
I'm not great at remembering all the little bits of trivia, nor do I understand a lot of the computer slang, but I'm a true Henson fan, love my collection, and am really enjoying reading the threads from so many who share my passion.
Oh, and I tend to write a lot once I get started, which is why I don't do it often. . .

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Hello, and welcome! Wow, you've got an awesome collection going there.

I was Gonzo for Halloween one year when I was little.