New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

muppet baby

Reaction score
welcome stardustdanny glad that you are here on this great bourd i looking forword to posting with you .:smile: this is a wonderful bourd for wonderful muppets the greatest puppets in the world and the best thing to grow up with .:wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
daughterdeadly said:
Er, thanks, there's just one problem... I'm not new here, lol. (But I'll enjoy myself here anyways!)
Oh, I'm sorry! Not sure if I net you brfore. I gusee I need to pay more attention to these kinds of things.:embarrassed:

PhenixInd

Reaction score
Hello All

My name is Derick, and I am new to this forum. I was a muppet freak as a child when the original muppet show and movie came out, and had my mind thoroughly blown when I saw Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas. I recently bought a copy of it on DVD and was severely disappointed to find that it had been butchered. Thankfully I have a copy of the original release on VHS. I am currently in the process of rebuilding and remastering the vhs using footage from both the vhs & dvd so I can preserve the original format (no longer available) on DVD. Anyhow glad to be here and to see so many Muppet lovers!!

Skye

Reaction score
Hey Derick! It's nice to meet you, and great to have you here! :smile: Hope you love it here!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi PhenixInd! It's great that you have been a Muppte freak for so long! That's really cool that your preserving the original Emmet Otter like that! All us Muppet lovers are happy to know odf another muppet lover. 10000 strong! Mabye we can do sone good!:smile:

PhenixInd

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a commercial version of Emmet Otter that has all the original footage? My copy was taped off hbo when it originally aired. It has all of the Kermit footage, as well as the original non butchered "hole in the washtub song" and unedited talent show footage. I am in this remastering project simply because I want to see Emmet Otter as it was when I was younger, not the version currently available. Remember when Ma Otter said Gretchen Fox should "fall off the dock," perhaps a little mean spirited, but funny. The currently available version is terrible in comparison. There is just something sa-weet about Kermit the frog riding a bicycle.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know you meant it in a possitive way, but we don't really use that knid of language around her. Just a friendly heads up.:smile: