New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

gemair7

Reaction score
Hi! I'm very new to this board...I saw it in someone's signature on another board that I'm on...let's see I'm 23 and I grew up with Sesame Street...and I loved the Muppet Babies.

I'm also a huge disney fan...and quite addicted to AMC and GH! I can't really think of what else to say...so I guess that's it for now

frodogump

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I like the muppets too, especially christmas carol. I am 22 and live in the UK, I think my favourite character is miss piggy and I used to love watching muppet babies. Think about it, if I was my favourite character I would be Miss Piggy and my boyfriend would be animal and they'd have been together 4 5 years, what a weird combination. :mad: + :halo: . What would the babies look like?

IHAQ

Reaction score
Hello,

I joined a few days ago, but haven't have a chance to post. I'm 25 I'm a stay at home mom with 2 boys age 2 and the other 2mo.

I loved Sesame Street growing up, I liked it longer than most of my classmates, but I didn't care. I also was big into Muppet Show and Muppet Babies. It's funny, looking back at my childhood Jim Henson was such a huge part of my life but I didn't fully realize it till I started to research it. I never knew that the show Dinosaurs was a Henson thing, or Labryinth was either till I was older. Even the show Dog City I loved so much!

Now that I have kids of my own I love to find clips of SS on YouTube and show my 2 year all the skits I loved!

whatnot81

Reaction score
Hello All

Hmmm, how to introduce myself.... I'm 26 yrs. old, living in the wilds of Northern NJ. By day, I work as the head receptionist in veterinary office. By night... I sleep.

It seems I've been a fan of the Muppets and all things Jim Henson since birth! I grew up with the Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock, and Sesame Street. I watched old episodes of the Muppet Show when it was in reruns. I watched Storyteller and the Jim Henson Hour. I watched Dinosaurs and Muppets Tonight. I've rented (and now own) pretty much all of the Muppet movies. And, I adore Labyrinth.

Actually, funny story about that. I was 5 when that movie came out. I never actually got to see it in theaters. But, the after school program I was in would always show us movies on rainy days. And one of the most popular ones we kids would beg for was Labyrinth. Picture 30 little kids dancing around a TV to Magic Dance. :sing: Anyway, not only did I fall in love with the movie, but I decided that I absolutely LOVED David Bowie's hair. :flirt: It wasn't until I was 7 that I actually saw him somewhere other than in the movie. I was completely heartbroken to discover he'd been wearing a wig... :cry:

Aside from that randomness, I'm so happy to have stumbled onto a community of people all over the world who adore the Muppets like I do. I hope to see them live on so my grandchildren's grandchildren can grow up enjoying and being inspired by the same creativity I was.

Francis Lax

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.

I'm a 29 years old boy from France. When I was 7 or 8, the Muppet Show was aired in my country, and I loved it very much. Years passed, and in 1996, I started to collect toys from my childhood, especially about Japanese heroes. Reading a Japanese magazine about figures, I "accidentally" discovered that Kermit had been released as a real puppet 2 years ago. But, at the time, I thought it was a Japanese company which had released him. After a few searches on the internet, I finally discovered MR was the maker. This is how it all started. I ordered my Kermit at the MR shop, and since that day, I have been willing to collect many replicas. Concerning this forum, I have been viewing it over the past few months. Now, I am registered ! I always enjoy reading the members' posts.

The only negative aspect for me about MR is the fact that they charge extremely high money for the shipping to France. For example, Gonzo will cost me $ 255 only for the shipping ! I hope they will find other means of shipping to France.

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm Gold Demona, I'm 23.
I've been obsessed with Jim Henson and his muppets as far back as I can remember. Particularly, I'm totally engulfed in the world of Fraggle Rock. :smirk:HEEHEE!:excited:

As a kid I always wanted to be a puppeteer. Not sure where my path got turned around from that, but I certainly didn't end up there.

I've known about this site for several months now as a source of muppet info, but I only discovered the forums recently, and I just joined like an hour or so ago. =)

Hopefully, I can get to know all the happy wacky folks here.
Currently I'm writing a Fraggle Rock fanfic that I've been posting on fanfic.net, but I'm not sure it's good enough to sit with the awesome fics I've seen here so far. But we'll just see what happens. :smile:

ShiveringCactus

Reaction score
Hello!

Hi there! My name's Deb and I'm from the UK. I've been a fan of the muppets/Henson for as long as I can remember. My faves are Kermit and Sprocket.

I'm a really big fan of Steve Whitmire. I also like other puppety stuff, especially Johnny and the Sprites, Avenue Q and ventriloquist Ronn Lucas.

Last year I started making and performing my own puppets. I'm not very good yet (hopefully I'll get better!) but I'm having fun. :smile:

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you guys. It's so nice to find this place! :excited:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow!

Noone has come to welcome the new members for a few days! I take it upon myself to usher in the great new generation :attitude:

Welcome Gemair, I'm a soap fan too, I really like Guiding Light. Hope you like the forum!

Hi frodogump! Piggy and Animal's baby... well, it would probably shout alot and jump all over people! Not sure I would want to see that!

IHAQ, clever screenname and nicer avatar! I've seen a few of your posts already so it's great that you're not afraid to jump right in, that's the way to do it!

Welcome whatnot81. I don't think you're the first to have a crush on the Goblin King. :embarrassed: You'll fit in just fine! lol

Hi Francis! I'm sorry about the high shipping for you. :/ But you've come to the right place because there is always hot discussion about the new replicas, especially the upcoming Fozzie.

Gold Demona, don't be shy to post your fanfic! Everyone is pretty receptive, and very willing to read the newest ones! And if for some reason they aren't being nice, let me know and I'll tell them to :halo:

Hi Deb, I love your screenname! There are tons of really helpful people on the Puppetry forum, and good resources for building ideas. Also good on you for being a Steve fan. We've got quite a few of those!

p.s. Don't be shy to post here, or message me if you prefer, if you have a question about the forum or how to do/where to find something.

Jedi Gelfling

Reaction score
Just wanted to sa hello...

Helllo everyone. This is my very first post here and I thought I would start off by saying hello. I'm looking forward to posting lots here and hope to make lots of friends with everyone.

A little about myself, I'm 32, married and the father of two little girls. I love anything related to Jim Henson, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, fantasy, Disney, comic books. I'm also a huge movie fan and love to read.

Pork

Reaction score
Welcome Jedi Gelfling

Welcome to MC!

It's great to have another Henson fan join in the craziness. Also a fan of star wars as well as I know some of the others are on this forum too. Nice user name

Pork