New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Sillygirl

Reaction score
Hi there! Just joined and am looking forward to having some fun here. I have so many fond Muppet memories and had some really old ones surface again thanks to searching for some vintage Sesame Street on the web. Not sure who had more fun...me or my son! I am haunted by one memory in particular however and even though I know this is not a Muppet thing, it is rather related. An animation that is my absolute favorite and one that I have been unable to find anywhere. I only know it as perhaps "Caterpillars Never Wear Brown Boots". Someone told me it was on You Tube but there was nothing there when I searched. I absolutely loved that animation and the song (I would even be happy with just the lyrics to it) and music were fantastic! I know my son would love to see it. His favorite is the orange that sings Carmen. If anyone knows where I could find this I would really appreciate your help. I was thrilled to find so many that I loved but heartbroken that I was unable to find my favorite. Thanks again for having me on board!

Pork

Reaction score
*clears throat*
On behalf of Myself I would like to welcome you all to Muppet Central Forums.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm 26 years old born and raised in Toronto, Ontario Canada. As a child I grew up watching Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies. For some reason my mom wouldn't let me watch The Muppet Show as a kid so I would always head over to my grandmothers place (luckily she lived a block away) once a week to watch it. I think a show my mom liked aired at the same time (we only had one TV back then) so that was the reason but she also didn't let me watch The Simpsons or Seinfeld as kid so who knows. She had her own weird rating system back then. I think the only Muppet movie I saw in the theater was Muppets Treasure Island. I remember wanting to see Muppets from Space but I never got around to it when it was in the theater. After that I guess as the Muppets faded out of the public eye I lost touch with them as well. The next Muppet memory I can remember is seeing the Kermit the Frog photo puppet replica on the Master Replicas website and thinking how awesome he was. At the time I was collecting the Star Trek replicas so I was checking their site every so often to see what was new. I couldn't afford Kermit at the time so I passed on the opportunity to get him and the Muppets again faded from my mind. Then for some reason last summer that I can't remember why I started doing some research on the Muppets. I found Muppet Wiki and Muppet Central and decided it was about time I watched the old Muppet movies that I had never seen. I found them on Amazon for a good price so I decided to order all of them in one shot. They arrived at my place but my girlfriend at the time was not a fan and had no interest in watching them with me so they ended up sitting on a shelf. My girlfriend and I went our separate ways in October and I heading to NYC for a weekend in November only to find the Muppet Whatnot Workshop at FAO Schwarz. When I saw that I was super excited and I knew I couldn't leave with out getting one. Then this past March I purchased a 50" plasma screen in preparation for Star Trek: The Original Series blu-ray release and I decided I really needed to watch those Muppet movies that were sitting on my shelf. Well after watching The Muppet Movie I was hocked. I watched one movie a night for the rest of the week until I was done and I couldn't believe what I was missing all these years. After that I started reading up more about the Muppets and lurking around the board here learning more about this great franchise. I ended up finding that great link on the main page to the Animal & Gonzo photo puppet deal for $200 and decided it was too good to pass up. Of course since I got Animal & Gonzo I had to get Kermit to complete the set. Anyway they arrived on Wednesday and they are great. So I decide it's about time I joined up here and started getting more involved in this great Muppet community. I know I'm pretty late to the party but I finally found it "The Rainbow Connection" and I've fallen in love with the Muppets again like I did when I was child. I didn't set out to right an auto-biography but I just couldn't stop writing so thank you and sorry for taking up so much of your time reading this. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, hello there Enterprise Capt! What a really great story!

Big hello and welcome to everyone new here!

Reaction score
Well, hello there Enterprise Capt! What a really great story!

Big hello and welcome to everyone new here!
Thanks. I now remember why the Muppets came back in to my consciousness last summer, I can't believe I forgot. I play soccer with a bunch of Toronto FC supporters on weekends. We all have season tickets in the same section at BMO Field and we started up our own league. We make up names for each of the teams each season and last season I was drafted to Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem FC.

FeatheredFriend

Reaction score
New to the Forum!

Hello! I am new to the forum! I have been a big fan of all things Henson for some time, but getting back into watching older episodes and some projects I missed altogether? Where was I?
just found Mirror Mask, which I missed somehow entirely, and enjoyed it very much. Then found the Bunny picnic (Love Bean!) at a thrift store and watch that too! Sprocket is one of my favorite characters, and seems to be from the same litter as the dog in the bunny picnic!
I make and perform with puppets but never joined a forum before. Should be fun!
Feathered:wisdom:Friend

Reaction score
Hi
I'm still pretty new. I live in CT with my husband and daughter. We love old toys ~ especially Muppets (of course) and Fisher Price. Our house is a little out of control with toys! We say they are for our 4 year old :smile:

I'm a big fan of Grover, Rowlf, Statler & Waldorf, but the list could go on and on. I have 2 favorite books- The monster at the end of this book and Bert & Ernie's Hall of Great Inventions. We read them a lot w/ our daughter. I am off for the summer. I teach and I am a social worker.

LOVE Boston Sports! Watching Sox pre-game show now. :super:

Thanks for having me!:big_grin:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Hey, Feathered Friend. Welcome to the forum of Muppet Central. I'm glad you like The Tale of the Bunny Picnic. It's one of my favorite Muppet productions. You have an interesting way of looking at the dog from Bunny Picnic as a littermate of Sprocket. Enjoy the forum.