New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

ronnbohn

Reaction score

Hi: My name is Ronn. Been a puppeteer for more years than I can remember. At my age it's hard to remember anything. Now where was I? Oh! Also I perform, when they let me, as a vent in the Florida area. As you know the difference between a puppeteer and a vent is, as a puppeteer the puppets talk to each other, a vent argues with his puppet. Excuse me I have to go. I have to let someone out of the trunk.
Ronn Bohn

MissPiggyFan98

Reaction score
Hi-ho! Just wanted to say hello! I'm a first-time poster, long-time reader. I've been a fan of the Muppets and other Henson productions for a long time, long as I can remember. In addition to the Muppets, I'm crazy about an old 80's show called Kids Incorporated I'll post more later. Bye!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, all. Welcome home, new members! Hope your stay is warm and fuzzy!

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Happy New Year! Long time lurker, first time poster.

My name is Heidi, I'm 31 and has never known life without Jim Henson's Muppets. My brother and I grew up watching The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock. Now, my 7 year old niece is watching Fraggle Rock reruns on TeleToon Retro and Sesame Street, on PBS of course.

If you want to know exactly where in Canada I live, it's a small province that some of you may have heard of: Prince Edward Island. Right now it's beautiful here, snow on the ground, not really cold. It's also the place where Fraggle Rock puppeteer Cheryl Wagner resides (she did the voice of Ma Gorg).

I have a lot of Sesame Street storybooks from when my brother and I were growing up. My niece now reads them. In fact, one day I was babysitting and she was singing 'Rubber Duckie'.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Hi gang, my name is Julia and I'm new to these parts (just enlisted today). I grew up with the muppets being a constant in my life. When I was a kid I was addicted to the movies and couldn't get enough of them. I even had my own stuffed Kermit (I have no idea what happened to him though. Lame). As I grew older I never stopped loving the muppets, but I did sort of fall away. Too busy getting into Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Joss Whedon, I guess.

Anyway, about four months ago in September I had the song "Rainbow Connection" stuck in my head, so I went on youtube and watched Kermit do his famous rendition of it. This then lead me to rewatching a lot of clips from The Muppet Show and all of the movies and, eventually, I found the clip of the muppets singing "Just One Person". I was bawling by the end of it, and then I watched as many clips as I could find of Jim Henson's memorial service (a lot of which have been taken down recently, which makes me terribly sad).

Ever since that day I've been on a muppet binge. I thought it'd go away after a couple weeks, but it definitely hasn't. I've rewatched all the movies multiple times, started going through The Muppet Show, and have been listening to the songs on repeat. I've 100% fallen back in love with the Muppets, but this time around one thing that's really drawn me in are the creators. I've become fascinated with the life of Jim Henson, as well as Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Steve Whitmire, Richard Hunt, and Dave Goelz. A lot of my friends find it odd how much I've gotten into the muppets recently and a bit troubling about how emotional I get when I talk about Jim Henson now, but oh well. They'll learn to accept it.

A little bit more about myself though. I'm a junior in college this year, majoring in theatre (directing/acting emphasis), and minoring in photography and creative writing. I love writing screenplays and stories in my spare time, and am looking at getting into film when I'm out of school. I enjoy reading, puzzles, sudokus, and watching a ton of TV. Recently, my roommate and I were compared to Gonzo (Amanda) and Rizzo (myself) by a friend, and it definitely made my day. My favorite muppets, besides those two, are Fozzie Bear, Rowlf, and Animal.

Ugh. That's a lot about me. Sorry, I tend to overwrite. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all! Hopefully I'll see you guys around the site. :smile:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
hi there iam new to the fourms i have been reading everything on the site and now i have plucked up the courage to join and iam going to enjoy it very much:smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Welcome, fellow Muppet-lovers! Have some muffins, and watch out for penguins! *fires three penguins out of a cannon*