New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Oh, heheh, whoops, this is the "New Members" thread. That'll teach me to post after midnight... Oh, well, thank goodness for cut-and-paste, eh?

Okay... I found these forums after a lot of time searching through the massive amounts of (Mostly pointless, seemingly) references to Fraggles spotted by Google.

So, yeah... I've come here for the Fraggle stuff, due to having reawakened my love of that particular TV show via the lucky find of a video tape, but I'll probably hang around for a few other things, too (I'm quite partial to the occasional viewing of Dark Crystal and Labyrinth)...

Um... Lets see... Okay, this is the third set of forums I've ever been a member on. The other two are the HalfLife2.net forums, and my very own forums for a computer game I'm developing... So, depending on one's definitions, I may or may not be a forum newbie...

Age... Well, I'll be nineteen for about another week...

I like computers (And almost anything to do with them), animals, books, miscellaneous interesting stuff, and metasyntactic variables. Oh, and JHC stuff, although I prefer the stuff from when the master of the art was still around... Ah, and chocolate, too, as it's sometimes the only up when you're down...

I hate... errrrm... Anything that becomes a persistent irritation...

I feel quite ambivalent about the creature depicted in my avatar.

And I have a tendency to waffle like nobody's business, when given the chance...

I live in Melbourne, Australia, which is quite a nice city if you can put up with some of the weirdest weather on the planet...

Nice to meet you all, glad I finally found the "New person's thread" for these forums...

(And the name is Brian. Not Brain.)

Onya anyone who's gone and read that twice...

P

Princeton

I've only been a member for about a month; is it still okay to post here?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Princeton said:
I've only been a member for about a month; is it still okay to post here?
Only if you pay everyone a dollar per post.....Yes it is safe to post here. And the dollar thing was a joke, but you can still pay me if you want. I could use some money.

ryan

P

Princeton

Well, here goes... I've basically been a Muppet fan my whole life, my favorite characters are :wink:, Mokey, and Junior Gorg, and my favorite Muppet show is FR. I think my real calling is in the world of puppetry, and especially after seeing Avenue Q, I want to make puppets as wonderful looking as they are. :flirt: Needless to say, I am beyond thrilled :excited: to be in the prescence of fellow Muppet fans like you guys. I've only been a member for a month, but already this feels like my new home. You guys are so great and I look very much forward to hearing more from you!

JessIam

Reaction score
New to posting. Not new here!...

Hello all. I've been on the mailing list for a long time and just now decided to post. I can't even remember if I had an old username, but I don't think I ever posted. I'm a middle-aged mom who's been collecting Muppet Stuff forever! I have a vent about E-bay which I'll post in another forum. :mad:

Jess

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Welcome new Muppet Central members.I'm JaniceFerSure aka Diana.Hope your stay here is a nice one.:smile:

Muppet Dudemang

Reaction score
Hey Ho!

Howdy there, all you fellowmuppet freaks! The names Muppet Dudemang but you can call me Cam. Sorry if I sound a bit drowsy in this post but it's around 11 at night and I've had a cold. I was reading the post in this topic got up to page 17 and saw that there was 50 somethin so I'll go back and read them later. I've been a muppet fan since I was very very little.

OK now on to the good stuff, THAT'S ME :smile:
I'm a student in high school but I stick out from the rest because I'm completely different and unusual even one of my best freinds called me a "Scientifical Anomalie"!

I'm 15 and I want to get into the music or movie industry. I've been doing drama for about 5 years and nearly everyone I know describes me as a music guru because of my musical knowledge.

So, what am I into I hear you ask?
Music: I love everything except for rap and current pop. I like metal, classic rock, punk, alternative, prog, experimental avant garde stuff, just anything! My favourite band is Ween (who did a song for Muppets In Space but it was rejected, it was a really nice song as well :sympathy: )
TV: I mainly love cartoons. Especially Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park. As well as muppet and Jim Henson Company shows of course! I'll get to them later though.
Movies: I like comedies, "drama" and different movies. My favourites are A Clockwork Orange, Donnie Darko, Almost Famous, Spinal Tap and Pink Floyd's The Wall. Muppet Movies as well!
Books: Anything thats good. My favourite author is Irvine Welsh.

And last but definatly not least (and the reason we're all here anyway...) THE MUPPETS!
My favourite show is The Muppet Show.I also like Sesame Street and Muppets Tonight. Though I've recently started watching Bear In The Big Blue House, does anyone else like this show? That reminds me I had an interseting experience with BITBBH. Last year I had another cold and it was the big bad flu, anyway, after going to the doctors and finding out that yes it was the big bad flu he put me and my little sister (who had it too) on antibiotics this was the first time I had ever been on it and the first time I poured it myself I accidently misread the label. It was too much. I didn't realize so I gulped it down. I went to the recliner and just watched BITBBH. Whoah, I can tell you that was an experience. I was drugged out of my mind being a bif softie. It was a very very strange half hour :zany: . By the way I do NOT endorse that you do this, afterwards I had a massive headache. So kids always read medicine bottles correctly and don't do what I did MMMkay?
My favourite movie is The Muppet Movie, but i also like Muppets Take Manhattan and The Muppets Christmas Carol.
My favourite muppets? Kermit, Animal, Ernie, The Swedish Chef ah... screw it I love em all!

Anyways seeya on the board dudes!
Cam

Quoix

Reaction score
*hates doing the newbie thing :grouchy:* Oh well :stick_out_tongue:)

Heya Guys

Ive just been surfing through and found this amazing site! I grew up with the muppets, seasame street particularry. Up until the age of 10, the alphabet ended in "Zee" (Im British, so over here its pronounced "Zed"). When I was younger I was basically american - I went to the Movies, put things in the Trash Can and went to the store. (I know to most of you guys, those things sound pretty natural, but in Britian they're more commonly referred to as 'The Pictures' (movies), the Bin (trash can) and the shop (store). These things may sound strange to you, but so did the american termonolgy I was comming out with to my family!)

The Muppets have always been a MASSIVE part of my life, my love for music was sparked by Ralph (I now play Piano). Our VHS Copies of The Muppet Movies (namly THE Muppet Movie and Muppets in Manhatten) are almost worn out due to continous playing, and at my school every year at Xmas, Muppets in Manhatten is shown in English lessons as "A Movie adpatation of Charles Dickens Classic Novel" (Basically a chance to un-wind :smile: )

Anyway, Ill speak to you guys Soon :smile:

Quoix