New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

StagePro

Reaction score
Duh!! - Also, where can I get puppets.

It looks like what I was doing wrong was THINKING too hard!! I think I have it figured out, now!:smile:

Now, down to business... 25 years ago I had an "Animal" hand puppet with moving eyes. Over the years he got lost (Personally, I think he ran off with my Sister's Raggedy Ann). This Christmas my 3 boys got me the first season of "The Muppet Show" on DVD. We can't get enough of it, and we can't wait for the subsequent seasons to come out. Until then, I NEED Muppet puppets... Not posable plush toys. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Please, click on my name above, and send me an email if you can help.

Thanks,
SP

iamastandupbear

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum. I have always loved the Muppets. My husband gave me The Muppet Show Season One for my birthday. Having season one on dvd has reminded me of my childhood and love for the muppets. I enjoy watching the muppets more now than ever and am anticipating the release of Season Two.

Rowlf The Poet

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Muppet enthusiasts.

I can't even remember how I found this board but I'm glad I did. Browsing around, I'm amazed at what a well-organized, innovative and comprehensive site this is; there are so many great features (a Muppet radio station, brilliant) and it seems like a nice, friendly community of fans -- in all, a pretty good metaphor for the vastly original and entertaining Muppets themselves.

The Muppet Babies cartoon on Saturday morning with bowls of Froot Loops were my first love. Believe it or not, the DVD release of Season One was my first time viewing The Muppet Show (I must have been playing baseball during those primetime nights in the 70's and 80's; Mom never could get me to come in). But it was a great purchase and one of the smartest, funniest, most inventive variety shows ever.

Look forward to posting more. Just try not to get bored if I blather on tediously about why I think Rowlf is the greatest and most lovable of all. :sympathy:

Sime's Mom

Reaction score
Hey-ho, Sime's Mom here...

Hi everyone,

I have an 8-year-old son who is obsessed with puppets, puppetry, and all things Henson. Hand this kid any three random objects, and he'll make you a puppet out of them...marionettes, sock puppets, bag and finger puppets, clay puppets. You name it, and I have several of them around the house. The boy spends his allowance money at the remnant bin in Jo-Ann's, while all the other boys play football and videogames.

I joined this forum at his request to get more information for him about all things Henson and all things puppet. Obviously, Sime worships anything Muppet. I saw on the main website something about a MuppetFest but nothing to suggest it's been continuing? I'll be looking for places I can take him, things I can do to help encourage him, (and information about old and new Muppet Stuff) because he truly is going to be amazing if we can channel and direct it...thanks in advance to the community as I look for more information to help this kid develop his talent... :smile:

virginiamadison

Reaction score
baba said:
First of all welcome to Muppet Central! i am Baba glad you could a part of our Muppet fan forums.You will find everything from A to Z here oh and for your song you would like to have played at your wedding myself i think it is a great song and here is the link hope you like and enjoy.

Baba,
Thanks for the link! I'm still on the lookout for guitar tabs. Wish me luck!:concern:

taxwarrior

Reaction score
Greetings to all mupet fans from new member

I became a fan when the TV show first aired, when I was 42 years old. The genius of Jim
Henson and his colleagues is awesome. Now I'm about to be 69 years old, and younsters, I still love the Muppets. So, don't ever let yourself get old. It's a state of mind, like being happy or sad, optimistic or pessimistic. I enjoy helping my 11 grand children and 3 great grand kids learn to love the muppets.
My CPA office has muppet pictures on all the computers.

georginamC

Reaction score
hi, ive only recently signed up and i love it! ive always been a muppet fan but ive only recently started collecting muppet things and becoming a REAL fan. this forum is great for information and stuff. by the way if anyone has any info on MwoO being released in other regions let me know, thanx xxoxoxo