New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

GonzoRules

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined this forum today, and wanted to introduce myself. I am 21 years old and live in Buffalo, NY. I've been a huge fan of Jim Henson's work since I was a little kid. Obviously, I grew up, as most people did I'm sure, watching Sesame Street. I also loved Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show and Muppet Babies. It's funny, because me and my family still watch Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, and Muppet Family Christmas every year. That's classic stuff, and stuff that you're never too old for.

I recently bought season one of both Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show on DVD. I also recently aquired the Muppet Movie and the Muppets From Space on DVD. I'm kind of hoping they come out with Muppet Babies on DVD soon, or at least start replaying it on Nick again.

I just discovered this forum not too long ago. I tried to register about a month ago, but it was disabled. So, I figured I'd give it a try again, and here I am. I actually haven't read many threads yet, but I'm excited to start posting.

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
Kerri said:
Hello everyone, my name is Kerri, and I'm looking for help. I was born in 1968 and watched Sesame Street as far back as I can remember. On what I believe was my 4th birthday party, my mom surprised my friends and I and had us sit down to watch the show, and MY FATHER was on it!!! I was wondering how if at all I could look it up and perhaps get a copy of the skit?! He was a truck driver, wearing an orange and yellow shirt, rolling boxes down a roller-type thingee in the skit, and you can hear kids counting the boxes as he rolls them off the truck. This was probably in 1972, but could have been a year earlier or later. I'd just LOVE to see it again, and perhaps get a copy for my own kids. Anyone have any suggestions???
I remember that skit, that must have been a cool birthday suprise.:wink:

Louise

Reaction score
I guess I should post in here then!

I loved the Muppets when I was a kid, I think I've still got a Muppets LP in the house somewhere.... Muppet Babies are great - but I haven't seen them for ages, so I'll really have to dig some out. I also thing they should bring Fragle Rock back!

I've always liked them really, but only just started thinking of them again recently...

Kerri

Reaction score
wow Chris Von Count, that's the first time I've actually heard someone say they remember that skit!!! All these years of my life and I thought it was like, some secret little wonderful thing :smile: that only I remember!!!

winnie

Reaction score
Winnie

:excited: I thought I had already introduced myself. I don't mind doing it again though. I'll be 35 this year, I have two kids 12 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. They are not into the muppets like I was but then I didn't have as many channels to surf to find something I liked. Saturdays were the only xcartoon days and The Muppet Show was at 6pm I think. Love all the movies fav is The Dark Crystal watched Fraggle Rock from the first episode even though it was not directed at my age group. Hope to get alot out of this forum. thanks:flirt:

frewt

Reaction score
hi people,
well i'm new (duh....lol) and well am just here to say hi. not to sure wot am supposed to say but feel free to ask me questions.....

right now am a bit tired as carnival in my counrty came to a close yesterday...

am looking forward to making this my forum home....

frewt.

Mystic

Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome

Hi every one, I would like to thank every one for all the welcomes. :excited: