New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Howdy to Stan and Paul. We're crazy, but hopefully not too crazy!

Fozziefavorite

Reaction score
Looking for Muppet party goods

Hi Everyone!

I am so psyched to learn through this forum how many people love the Muppets in any way, shape, or form. I thought I was one of the few in the world who's best memories of childhood involved the Muppets.

Now, with a child of my own I am enjoying the Muppets all over again. My almost-three-year-old daughter only will watch Sesame Street or the Muppet Shows on DVD. She isn't interested in watching much else (except the occasional derivative of Winnie the Pooh!) She loves the Muppets so much that she has asked me for a Muppet themed birthday party for her 3rd bday coming up in mid-February. I was hoping that someone viewing this message through the forum might know of a way to buy some Muppet party goods for my daughter's party. I am finding it impossible to put my hands on them through party stores and such. After this forum the only other hope I have is to try and contact American Greeting directly as they are the ones who produced the Muppet party goods "back in the day".

Hope someone out there in Muppet Lovers Land can help!

Take care and always find something to laugh about...wakka wakka wakka!

:embarrassed:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Awesome, Fozzie Favorite. I had a Muppet themed birthday once, but that was in 1992, when I was four :wink:

I've seen some stuff somewhat recently, but don't have access to it anymore. Here, there's a chain of stores somewhat like Dollar Tree called Dollar Shop, but they don't have stuff made for them, they have all these old things that didn't sell elsewhere. The store I knew had the Muppet stuff closed, though. I think that type of store would be your best bet.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Glad to be here

Hi everyone my name is Michelle Marshall i was born i Lubbock texas , i have been watching the muppets since i was two years old .
It is one of my faverite things to watch or things to collect .
My frist muppet movie to watch was the great muppet caper .
That will always be my faverite ha ha
i am so glad that found this bourd it is so much fun ha :mad: .
this is a wonderful place to chat . i am so glad that there are muppet babies fans that are as much of a fan as i am .
They are my faverite of all muppet films and then the next one would have to be muppet christmas carol .
This is a great bord and a real Joy .
i am looking forword to talking with all of you.
:smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Well hello to our two new members :big_grin: I hope you make yourselves at home and if you need anything, I'm just a private message away

Michelle, are you getting the same nasty weather we are in Oklahoma?

muppet baby

Reaction score
yes sara we did for about two day and as of today it is trying to move out , but they say that next week we may get it again ,
how are you sara are you doing ok ?:mad: :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Yup. We have about 4-5 inches of pure ice on the ground. It's fun to walk on, because you make no indention and basically just ice skate on it :big_grin:

For some reason, the university decided to have school today, and none of the commuters are here, so my classes are amazingly small. It's fun but annoying at the same time.

More next week? I'll have to stock up on foodstuffs again!

Reaction score
Hi, I just found out they were not going to make Antron fleece anymore... I couldn't find any here anyway... that is in Canada precisely Quebec. So I was searching for other stuff and found polar fleece. Then I thought of something, when I was a little girl my dad use to build models professionally, he was a modelmaker and I remember him cutting or shaving velvet... the thick kind and applying it with glue to create different effects. He has passed so can't verify with him... has anyone tried shaving velvet and applying glue to foam and putting that velvet residue on it??? Can it be done?