New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
Yeah, squishy's been my nickname for over five years now. I got it from the movie Finding Nemo, during the jellyfish scene. I used it on a FN message Board, and it just stuck :wink:

furryredmonster

Reaction score
Finding Nemo has been around for 5 years? Yikes. It doens't seem that long.

Welcome to the board, everyone.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! I did not relise it had been around that long, either.:eek:

That's really cool that you had it for so long and that it stuck and that it came from Finding Nemo!:smile:

That's my nick name, too, evilhopscotch!:excited: I got it in the seventh grade because when you pinch and pull my cheeks, they feel really squishy. and I can puff them up real big, too, LOL!

muppet baby

Reaction score
evilhopscotch said:
Hello everyone!! Call me squishy :smile: I am new to this board, but nowhere near new to the muppets. I grew up with them. They have always been a part of my life and a major part of my childhood.

Though I was only two when Jim died, I vaguely remember when it happened. My dad was devastated (he's a bigger muppet freak than I am), and he really stepped up our muppet-viewing ever since. We watched the muppet movie VHS til it broke, Muppet Christmas Carol until it met the same fate, introduced the Fraggles to me via VHS when I was very small, and I had a baby Piggy doll til she, too, got loved to death. I went as Kermit for one halloween. You cannot begin to imagine just how happy my dad was when he found out that the Muppet show was coming to DVD. He had always referenced it, and taught us the Mahna mahna song long before I knew where it was from. I was introduced to it on christmas morning, and loved it immediately. Same went with Season one of Fraggle Rock, which we all got him for christmas. We had a mini-muppet marathon.

Dark Crystal and Labyrinth are two of my favorite movies of all time. I remember the first time I saw the Dark Crystal. I was totally blown away by how beautiful it was. The puppetry blew my mind to shreds. I was half convinced that the Gelflings were people in make-up, and not puppets. Labyrinth was first viewed at a friends house, and it was instant love. And HOGGLE!! I love Hoggle so bloody much.

David Bowie is a genius, but that's another story.

Anyway, I'm both out of my head with excitement and worried to death about both the possible sequal to Dark Crystal and the confirmed official Fraggle Rock movie. I don't think that I could live in a world where the Fraggles have a bad movie, and heads will roll if DC2 sucks. They really will. THAT'S how much the muppets, the Creature Workshop, and Jim Henson's dreams mean to me.

Thank you.

well i am so glad that you are here and love the muppets as much as i do i hope that you have a great time here .

i am looking forword to posting with you glad that you could come . you are going to have such a good time here

Skye

Reaction score
Welcome, evilhopscotch! It's awesome to have you here! :smile:

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
THanks everyone for the warm welcomes!! I already know that I'm going to love it here. So many like-minded muppet freaks in one spot is like manna from heaven.

Manna manna!! (DOOT DOO DE DOO DOO).

Bad joke.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
evilhopscotch said:
Manna manna!! (DOOT DOO DE DOO DOO).

Bad joke.
Actually shouting Mahna mahna at random occasions can be quite entertaining! Especially if Snowth or prawnie are around! :smile:

MAHNA MAHNA!

stardustdanny

Reaction score
I have all ways loved the muppets I even had a Muppet baby coloring book
I heard about this web sight from a friend and I love it!!!!!
So how long have you gies known about the muppets?