New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

tammylynwilson

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Tammy. I came here to hopefully get an answer to a question I have.

Is there a script and/or sheet music available for rent or sale of Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas? Some of us would like to do it as a community theater project and wondered if something like that would be at all possible? Has it ever been adapted for a stage production?

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
I'm new and have loved the muppets for about my entire life

:smile: Hi. My name is Amanda and I basically grew up watching the muppets with my cousin at our grandpa's house. We would watch the different shows that were on tv, cable tv if we were at his house when they were on, and all of the different movies that were made. I think that the muppets are about the safest way to show and teach children the ways of learning and growing up at times because the humor is made for the entire family to enjoy. I know that there is a new muppet show on TBS, but I've never watched an entire episode because when I see little clips of it, it makes me think that the same people who gave us Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, and the others could make such a really bad show for a cable tv company. :embarrassed: :halo:

muppet baby

Reaction score
HI Everybody (Hi Dr. Loki) lol, well lemme start off by saying I swore I already had an account here but it turns out I was sadly mistaken

I've been 'lurking' here for over a year now (mainly in the puppetry forum) and tonight a post caught my eye enough to bring me out of lurking.

Now that I'm fully out of the MC closet so to speak I guess it's time to start posting :smile:

I am Jason "Loki" Smith, Founder of WickedPuppets, we are a small (very very small lol) puppet troop in Northern Michigan. we are currently working on a series of full length puppet shows ala The Muppets, but geared more to moms and dads then their kids.

I am 30 years young and was raised on The Muppets, Sid & Marty Kroft, T.G.S.C. Hot Fudge Show, and many more! From the time I was 4 years old I was obsessed with puppets, I had quite a few of them (but they got tossed out :frown: ) I kept up my love of The Muppets and Puppets the whole time and finally a few years ago I decided to jump back in full force.

Right now were working with a handfull of puppets creating what were calling "Wicked Shorts" and in the coming months when the rest of the various cast puppets arrive (good things come to those who wait I guess lol) we will begin filming 3 of our full length shows

The end goal for us is DVD's and shopping the shows around to a few cable networks.

I think that about covers a "quick intro" lol, but if theres anything else you wish to know feel free to ask :smile:

-Loki-

HI Jason wicked puppets so glad to have you hear , this is a fun place to be i know that you will love it here , i am a huge muppets fan the muppet show is my all time faverite show . well one of two of them he he . Anyway i hope that you have a great as time as i have had here .
there are some great people here .

muppet baby

Reaction score
hi amanda and tammy so glad to have you both here at this great place .
i hope that you both have a wonderful time :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
:smile: Hi. My name is Amanda and I basically grew up watching the muppets with my cousin at our grandpa's house. We would watch the different shows that were on tv, cable tv if we were at his house when they were on, and all of the different movies that were made. I think that the muppets are about the safest way to show and teach children the ways of learning and growing up at times because the humor is made for the entire family to enjoy. I know that there is a new muppet show on TBS, but I've never watched an entire episode because when I see little clips of it, it makes me think that the same people who gave us Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, and the others could make such a really bad show for a cable tv company. :embarrassed: :halo:
Hi! It's nice to meet you and welcome to the forum Amanda!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Welcome Yellow, Lauraly, wickedpuppets, Tammy and Amanda!:smile:

Hope you have lots of fun here!

shimauta

Reaction score
Response

Glad you've come to say Hello! It's nice to meet you, shimauta. It the Dark Crystal popular there. Because, Jim Henson said in an interview that it was, but that it bombed in the us as many of us Muppet fans already know.
Hi! I have never heard that the Dark Crystal is popular here in Japan. It seems like they would like it though. Nightmare Before Christmas is huge here, but I have yet to meet someone who has seen the Dark Crystal and remembers it...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi! I have never heard that the Dark Crystal is popular here in Japan. It seems like they would like it though. Nightmare Before Christmas is huge here, but I have yet to meet someone who has seen the Dark Crystal and remembers it...
Interesting. There's in interview where Jim mentions that it did well overseas somewhere, though.:smirk: