1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Mickey Mouse Shorts Announced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ToonGeek, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

I remember back in 2013 Disney Comics did something like that, but again it was just based on the series and not original stories. I do think it was original art though. Here's a link to some info about it ... http://comicvine.gamespot.com/mickey-mouse-mickey-shorts/4050-65153/

2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

"Sock Burglar":

MuppetSpot likes this.
  3. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Nice to see Minnie get a chance to be the hero this time! Loved all the cameos from other Disney villains being interrogated, too! :)

Muppy and Duke Remington like this.
  4. Duke Remington

"Ku'u Lei Melody":

Muppy likes this.
  5. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

I loved that one! It was a big missed opportunity to not feature Lilo and Stich or the Enchanted Tiki Room birds in this one. They were in Hawaii with Tikis for crying out loud. ;)

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. mr3urious

Hyping people up for the release of Moana, I see. :D

7. Duke Remington

I agree. But at least the totem poles from the Tiki Room got to appear.

Muppy likes this.
  8. Duke Remington

"Entombed":

Muppy likes this.
  9. Duke Remington

"No Reservations":

"Split Decision":

Muppy likes this.
  10. mr3urious

Great to see Clarabelle Cow get a major part in an episode! And another Ludwig Von Drake episode, too? Awesome! :)

Duke Remington and Muppy like this.
  11. Duke Remington

"Good Sports":

MikaelaMuppet and Muppy like this.
  12. mr3urious

I liked how reminiscent that was of those "How To" shorts starring Goofy. :)

Muppy and Duke Remington like this.
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The whole 1950's era of Goofy cartoons, actually. Even down to the everyone in the universe is the same human dog thing as Goofy. Like the one about driving safety, which it reminded me the most of (even though there were sports themed ones, I don't remember them as much). And having Mickey as the narrator/sports caster was a nice way to keep him in his own set of shorts.

14. Duke Remington

After several months, a new Mickey Mouse episode is airing on Disney Channel tonight at 8:30! It's going to be a half-hour-long installment this time, called "Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special".

Here's a preview clip from it:

15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I can't wait!

16. Duke Remington

"Duck the Halls":

17. mr3urious

We got some classic Donald mental breakdowns here, not on a level seen since Mickey and the Beanstalk. Nice appearances of Scrooge, Ludwig, and the boys, too.

Wonder who's doing the voice of Scrooge? Doesn't sound like Alan Young, and the credits don't say. Could he be the new voice for the DuckTales reboot?

18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

There was some discussion about that on the ToonZone forums. I don't know who they said it was in "Duck the Halls," but they referenced a crew member working on DuckTales who said it won't be the same person.

I liked this special enough; way better than that LEGO Frozen one that aired that night too. I thought it was very funny (and like really F'd up at times), though, the slightly-skewed incarnations of the characters in the shorts doesn't really hold up for longer than the 3 minute shorts (mostly Mickey).

But hey, the more Ludwig von Drake, the better.

19. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if i've ever actually seen Ludwic Von Drake and Scrooge appear together before.

20. Duke Remington

They appeared together in the Mickey Mouse Works short "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

Mr Snrub likes this.