New movies coming out...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Welll... Scooby Doo 1 stuck it to that annoying Scrappy.

I mean, Scooby Doo wasn't that great of a cartoon to begin with. I like it, but it's just teenagers chacing ghosts with music in the back ground, and they have a vartient every so often (like they become kids, or they team up with a celebrity...) I like it and all, but it just seemed like they got lucky with it.
So, is anyone seeing Scooby 2? It's out pretty soon, ain't it?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
The last two movies I went to were very good. We saw "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" a week ago, and it was tremendous. Last night we saw "The Ladykillers," which was very weird, but funny! Tom Hanks was so bizzarre!
Those are the two movies out right now that I really want to see! They both look really good. They seem like really interesting movies, and I like Jim Carrey a lot and love Tom Hanks. I hope I get to see them soon!
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Those are the two movies out right now that I really want to see! They both look really good. They seem like really interesting movies, and I like Jim Carrey a lot and love Tom Hanks. I hope I get to see them soon!
Erin
"Eternal Sunshine" was twisty, and "Ladykillers" was twisted. :smile: Actually, "Eternal Sunshine" is one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's been a week, and we're still thinking and talking about it.

Beebers

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
"Eternal Sunshine" was twisty, and "Ladykillers" was twisted.
That's a great line, Andy! I love nutshelly, concise, sum-it-all-up-in-a-sentence writing. The Ladykillers is a remake of a much-overrated old movie, which Hanks says he has not seen because he didn't want it to color his performance. He says the Real Star of it is the woman who plays the landlady (whose name escapes me just now), and who sadly is missing out on all the fun of the film's release because she is recovering from a serious car crash. It's fun to see Hanks in Something Fun again.

:cool:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't know weather to see The Cat in the Hat or not, it's at our local cinema at present. Yes? No? Thoughts please...

Beebers

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Did I mention, don't waste perfectly good pence/pounds on The Cat in Zee Hat? It's a freakin' frightening fiasco, and an insult to Seuss. There was a thread, around Christmastime (?) on this, and on Seuss, you could dig it up and find out more about Why Not To See It.

:concern: :eek: :concern:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Beebers said:
That's a great line, Andy! I love nutshelly, concise, sum-it-all-up-in-a-sentence writing. The Ladykillers is a remake of a much-overrated old movie, which Hanks says he has not seen because he didn't want it to color his performance. He says the Real Star of it is the woman who plays the landlady (whose name escapes me just now), and who sadly is missing out on all the fun of the film's release because she is recovering from a serious car crash. It's fun to see Hanks in Something Fun again.

:cool:
I'm pretty sure her name is Irma P. Hall. He mentioned her on Letterman last week and sent her his best wishes, and I read that he also paid her a surprise visit in her hospital room. It sounds like she's going to be fine, but it stinks that she missed out on all the premieres and everything.
Erin

Fozzie

Reaction score
I just saw Starsky and Hutch today. I was disapointed. It really wasn't near as funny as I thought it would be.

Beebers

Reaction score
First zee reviewers, and now word-of-mouth, have been just shredding S & H to pieces. Everybody's disappointed, apparently. I'll wait and rent it.

:frown: