New movies coming out...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just saw Scooby Doo...

I remember Kevin complaining about how the first one satirized the show, and wasn't too like the show to begin with. Well, he'll be much happier... the making fun of the show has been toned WAAAAY down to a couple little remarks (Velma loses her glasses and replys, "I should give consideration to contacts")

They've done their research and even had Mr. Wickles (portrayed by Peter Boyle) who was the Black Night (the first episode) in it.

It was better than the first, and the fart jokes were at a minimum (only 3 times... that's a record for fewest amounts of fart jokes in a kid's movie).

The previews, well... sucked...

Beaureguard... sorry to tell you this, but Thunderbirds looks like it's gonna be another "Cody Banks" "Spy Kids" knock off, and nothing like the show. Maybe you can save your money and see if the real show is on DVD... that way, you won't be crying about how awful the movie is...

G-MAN

Reaction score
I just saw Ladykillers last weekend and I loved it. I especially loved it when (censored for people who have yet to see it)flies. That was so cool.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beebers said:
First zee reviewers, and now word-of-mouth, have been just shredding S & H to pieces. Everybody's disappointed, apparently. I'll wait and rent it.

:frown:
I have a friend who loved Starsky and hutch, and said everyone should go an see it, so I guess it depends on your POV.

Dr Teeth, right ho then. I'll go see Scooby Doo 2 when it comes out in Cinima's here. In regard to Thunderbirds, I've seen a teaser for it, Lady Pennelope (I think I'm already cring) and Parker (crying even more) look bad, but I still think the film will be 'ok' maybe I'm just too hopefull.

Prehaps, if I thought of it as 'not' the Thunderbirds, just as a kids adventure film?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... they totally kiddified it... I mean, the bad guy seems well cast (he looks like a puppet) but they really want to get in Kids who have never seen or heard of it. So as a Thunderbirds fan, I feel you'd be terribly dissappointed (wait till it comes out to a second run theater if you're curious) but if you blank your mind of all prior Thunderbirds knowledge, you may enjoy some of it, as a kid's action film.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Grrrrr

What can I say? It's a sad turn of events, do you know how long I've been dying to see that film?

At least Scooby 2 sounds better....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... I remeber you had a complaint against Scrappy Doo... not in the sequal... and it's more rooted in the original series, not just making fun of itself.

I'm really disappointed by Thunderbirds as well. I saw this preview,(not knowing the title) and I thought it was another ripoff of Spy Kids... then I heard them say "Thunderbirds" and I felt like crying loudly! How dare they turn such a great show into a cody Banks wannabe?

Of course, this is from the same industry that watched an episode of Inspector Gadget and decided to wing it, and made "Cat in the Hat"....

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Some Mild Spoilers Ahead!

Scooby 2 was good!

The Good
1.Taz appears in this movie (those who saw Back in Action will get why)
2.Many of the monsters in the museum at the beggining look exactly like the cartoon.
3.The Chickenstein monster appears in the museum(he's from A Pup Named Scooby-Doo)
The Bad
1.Pointless action sequences.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only thing I really hated about it (SPOILER)

Rueben Studdard's pointless cameo at the end of the movie! What the shell was that all about? :boo: :sleep:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Another ID4

:stick_out_tongue: Another ID4,hmmm... The first one had so many special effects,that's basically all Hollywood is worried about now,'How far & how much can I top this movie,or make this one stand out more,to make more money?" Most of the special effects were good,very thin on plot though.Wonder how the plot will be in the sequel.-JaniceFerSure

Can you get behind it? Fer surely.-Janice :flirt: