New movies coming out...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hey Ryan(Docnzhoss),have you seen the cartoon to Aeon Flux,very adult;but I have it on dvd;I love the animation to it. Can't see it in the live version though.

I'm kinda looking forward to X-men 3,A very long engagement,House of Flying Daggers.

Haven't seen Ocean's 11 or 12;rather watch the original.

Phantom and the rest of the movies(for the most part)that you talked about,video for me.Gosh $8.00 times all of those flicks to see them in the theater.<shaking head>

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, X-Men three, me wanna see. I looove the others. But their sayign 2006 for that now...

Sad.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Hey Ryan(Docnzhoss),have you seen the cartoon to Aeon Flux,very adult;but I have it on dvd;I love the animation to it. Can't see it in the live version though.

I'm kinda looking forward to X-men 3,A very long engagement,House of Flying Daggers.

Haven't seen Ocean's 11 or 12;rather watch the original.

Phantom and the rest of the movies(for the most part)that you talked about,video for me.Gosh $8.00 times all of those flicks to see them in the theater.<shaking head>
I remember watching the Aeon Flux cartoons when they were aired. It seems like I was in High School at the time because if I remember correctly, it was aired kind of late at night. The live version is Charlize Theron with black hair. Maybe she'll pull a Kate Beckinsale and prove to be a butt-kicking heroine ala Underworld.

I agree about the price of movie tickets. Somehow that doesn't keep me away. What I really hate though is the price of concessions. I never feel the need to have snackables handy during a movie but for some odd reason my wife does. So we just smuggle treats in for her. We received a couple of passes and a gift certificate for AMC this Christmas so we plan on spending quite a bit of time at the theater in '05.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Phantom of the Opera was the first movie I've seen at the cenema for ages, but it was Worth it. Definatly. Go see it if you get a chance. Better there than at home on DVD. You need to see the detail, and hear the sound there. V. cool.

Bea:zany:{Despite Statler's coment: Never go to the opera, can't stand all that screaming and yelling}re{also, it's real good singing, not screaming and yelling}ga{ok?}rd

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I happy to see opera itself is making some sort of comeback.Hopefully,in time,it will be appreciated as it once was.

I remember Aeon Flux on Mtv,yup late night around 11p.m.,on a show called Liquid TV.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I happy to see opera itself is making some sort of comeback.Hopefully,in time,it will be appreciated as it once was.

I remember Aeon Flux on Mtv,yup late night around 11p.m.,on a show called Liquid TV.
The opera...that would be something to do. Something new for me anyway.

And yes, Liquid TV...I seem to vaguely remember that. How long ago was it? Do you recall, Dee (or anyone)?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I think it was on around the early 90s,between '91-'93. Glad you watched it too.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
So my middle school years...that sounds about right. I remember watching it and not really comprehending what was going on but enjoying the strangeness of it all the same.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
So my middle school years...that sounds about right. I remember watching it and not really comprehending what was going on but enjoying the strangeness of it all the same.
That's about right,to me too.:cool:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Just got back from "Phantom of the Opera." Never seen the play, but my brother became obsessed with it this past spring and has played the soundtrack many, many times. He got the movie soundtrack for Christmas and has played that quite a bit too. I thought the movie was absolutely brilliant. Loved it - though it made me sad. But definitely worth going to see.
Erin