New movies coming out...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I liked Phantom too, but in a number of places it made me wish I had seen it on stage first. The whole thing is so theatrical, and I would have liked a (non-movie) theater to go with it. Still, though, definitely worth seeing.

I've also seen Lemony Snicket, Meet the Fockers, and the Incredibles (a second time). Gotta say, Incredibles is high on my list of favorites for the year.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I saw The Incredibles twice also....I think it's the only movie I've ever paid to see twice! I also bought the score.......the music is some of the best I've EVER heard on a movie.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
The Incredibles is such an great flick. Dash is awesome or should I say fantastic? The reason I ask that is because I wanted to mention, while on the subject of fantastic superheroes, that a movie version of The Fantastic Four is coming out in '05! I'm betting it will be X-Men cool rather than Hulk sucky even if it does have Jessica Alba in it. Also, Elektra will be back from the dead (as in Daredevil). Jennifer Garner will be back swinging sais and kicking serious bad guy behind. Man oh man is she hot.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Lemony Snicket's Series of U Events...I want details. Deep discusion. Is it good, or sucky? Should I pay to see it in the cenima as a lover of the books? Or should I not?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I saw The Incredibles twice also....I think it's the only movie I've ever paid to see twice! I also bought the score.......the music is some of the best I've EVER heard on a movie.
Yeah, the score is fantastic. I bought it too--such a classy retro affair. I hoped, when I heard them use the theme from "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" in the original trailer, that the score would be Bond-esque, and it is. What a great way to add style and atmosphere to an already ice-cool film!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Lemony Snicket's Series of U Events...I want details. Deep discusion. Is it good, or sucky? Should I pay to see it in the cenima as a lover of the books? Or should I not?
Well, I've only read the first one, which I liked pretty well, but I haven't kept up with the rest. I know that the movie is based on the first three, so I assume a lot of material is cut or condensed. Still, I liked it. What you have to be okay with to enjoy it is Jim Carrey playing an overly-theatrical amateur actor. He plays the part very well, but if you tend to get annoyed easily by Jim Carrey it might be better to wait for a rental. I, personally, thought he was splendid. Overall I liked the movie, because it was so tongue-in-cheek about it's own bleakness (similar, if I remember correctly, to the books).

McFraggle

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Yeah, the score is fantastic. I bought it too--such a classy retro affair. I hoped, when I heard them use the theme from "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" in the original trailer, that the score would be Bond-esque, and it is. What a great way to add style and atmosphere to an already ice-cool film!
I'm looking forward to seeing it. I probably won't get to catch it until it is on DVD. :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
yes.....the music is such a great combination......I can listen the The Incredits over and over.......ooh and Life's Incredible Again....just LOVE that song (oh...and the video montage that plays with it :big_grin: )

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
yes.....the music is such a great combination......I can listen the The Incredits over and over.......ooh and Life's Incredible Again....just LOVE that song (oh...and the video montage that plays with it :big_grin: )
Yeah--"Life's Incredible Again" is one of my favorites on the album. Short and sweet. I love the montage that went with it as well. Man, that whole movie was brilliant. I hope it gets some recognition come Oscar time. :grouchy: