New movies coming out...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is oging to be out in a few days. Who al lis seeing this movie?

I know I am.

ryan

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
My wife is dying to see it (Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow will forever be burned in the minds of many, many women). I guess I'm fairly eager to see how he compares to Gene Wilder's Wonka. I'm definitely looking forward to a darker version of the story.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hooray for Wonka! We'll probably see it on Saturday--Friday we'll be too preoccupied waiting for Harry Potter.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I second that. :big_grin:
Scarecrow was flippin' scary, man! I loved the direction and artistry that made Scarecrow and Bad Batman so evil-looking. Katie Holmes never has done anything for me, and it still holds true with this movie. I'd go out with Tom Cruise too if I thought it would get people to notice my performance (well, not really).

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well it looks like the new "Star Wars" movie is finished at #8 of all time grossing movies at the box office. Pretty impressive how all six Star Wars movies have done:

Star Wars (1977) #2 of all time
The Phantom Menace #5
Revenge of the Sith #8
Attack of the Clones #18
Return of the Jedi #19
The Empire Strikes Back #23

And I see the remake of "The Bad News Bears" is getting mostly pretty good reviews. It seems to me to like yet another needless remake, especially since there have been sequels. However, it's probably a movie I'd enjoy since (1) the original 1976 Walter Matthau version is one of my favorite comedies, (2) I love baseball, (3) I like Billy Bob Thornton.
This reminds me of one of my favorite movies from the 90's - "Sling Blade". Thornton was so wonderful in this. Yeah. mmhmm. All right then.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Bad News Bears performed pretty bad at the box office last week, although the movie only cost 35 million to make. It will make it up in dvds when it come out.

The Island, however, is a different story. It made 12 million last week and cost about 120 million to make. Huge bomb for that movie.

However, one movie that did well was Wedding Crashers. The movie cost about 70 million to make, I think, and it already made that money and is making more. It did great considering it was rated R and most rated R comedies don't do that well at the box office.

ryan

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I've recently seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Sky High. Both are good for their own reasons. Johnny Depp is a complete freak as Willie Wonka. Sky High is fun if you're into super heroes and like to compare one super hero's power to that of a famous comic book character.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Guess what comes out n 2006, I Dream Of Jeanie with Kate Hudson as the Jeanie.

ryan