New movies coming out...

Ziffel

Reaction score
Here's a link to the top 100 movie quotes of all time as selected by The American Film Institute (CBS aired a 3 hour special last night where they revealed the quotes). There's a lot of great quotes that didn't make the list, of course. Can't fit em' all in a list of 100. I laughed when I saw #68 from "The Shining". Hadn't thought about that funny line and scene for a long time! (Another great line from the scene - "Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in!" Hey that reminds me of a great line from SS! In a "News Flash" segment, The big bad wolf says, "Little pigs, little pigs, open the door!"). And #33 was great. I was in the theater for that one back in 1989 and when the lady said that line at that restaurant the audience I was in laughed so hard that it's a miracle the roof was still attached.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/hp/content/shared-gen/ap/Movies/Film_Movie_Quotes_List.html

McFraggle

Reaction score
I went to see "Batman" today and I was very impressed. Right now, I think it is the best overall out of the five. It is very different from '89, which I also like a lot.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
We saw Bewitched yesterday. I can't believe how negative most of the reviews are--it was fun! Not the best movie of all time, but a pleasing romantic comedy that had many laugh-out-loud moments, and did a good job of paying tribute to the original series while trying something new. Overall, a perfectly pleasant summer film.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Hmm......I might go see Bewitched then.

I saw Land of the Dead friday. Rated R for all you kiddies out there. It was okay. Nothing special, although the zombies seemed to be a little smarter than usual.

2 out of 4 stars.

ryan

unclematt

Reaction score
If you havent all ready you should go see Crash. It is incredible.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I really want to see that one.

This weekend I took my wife to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Though Brad Pitt is my favorite actor, I'd have to say it was a crummy movie. There were many funny moments throughout the film and I laughed at just about all of them, but what the movie really needed was an in depth look at the cerebral and psychological aspects of the Smith's relationship. I think the movie tried too hard to be a comedy and the story suffered for it. Also, characters were very ill-used. Vince Vaughn was completely wasted, as were several others. Overall, I give the movie 1 1/2 of four stars.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I saw Crash over a month and a half ago, and ya, it's a great movie. That and Cinderella Man are the best movies I've seen so far this year.

ryan

unclematt

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I saw Crash over a month and a half ago, and ya, it's a great movie. That and Cinderella Man are the best movies I've seen so far this year.
I saw both of them Ryan and I have to agree.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I thought the best performance in Crash was Matt Dillion. I hope he gets nominated for best supporting actor.

ryan

unclematt

Reaction score
I really wish Matt Dillon would not get cast as the bad guy for once in his life. I think he is even playing the bad guy in the new Herbie movie.