New movies coming out...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Tell me, should I go watch it in the theatre, or wait for DVD?
The theater Bo,absolutely.I watched Kevin Spacey's Beyond the Sea yesterday,very good film.Spacey has a fantastic voice & really has improved in the Director's chair. *** out of ****

There were also the trailers in front of Batman Begins: Charlie and the Choc. Factory,Serenity,The New World(story of Pocahontas with Christian Bale in it too),Fantastic Four.All of them look promising.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i'm going to watch Beyond the sea Today and can't wait 4 Charlie and the Choclete factory

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I found it ironic that I was seeing a Batman movie and one of the previews wasr for Charlie and the Chocolate factory that is directed by Tim Burton and burton directed two Batman movies before.

I still think the 1989 Batman film is better than Batman Begins. Jack and Micheal were great in the movie.

ryan

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Really enjoyed Batman last night. It wasn't the end-all-be-all of summer moviegoing, but it was really well-done and I think it was the movie it had to be to reintroduce Batman as a film charater after the last one. What I especially loved was how good all of the actors were. They all played their parts perfectly.

McFraggle

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Really enjoyed Batman last night. It wasn't the end-all-be-all of summer moviegoing, but it was really well-done and I think it was the movie it had to be to reintroduce Batman as a film charater after the last one. What I especially loved was how good all of the actors were. They all played their parts perfectly.
I hope to see it shortly. So where would you rank it among the five, Andy?

Ziffel

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Yesterday I went to go see Cinderella Man and without a doubt, it's the best movie I've seen so far this year. The other movie that is up there is Crash.

I'd give Cinderella Man 4 out of 4 stars.

Paul Giamatti deserves to benomintaed for best supporting actor and hopefully wins next year.

ryan
I just saw "Cinderella Man" this evening. I agree it is a wonderful movie. Ron Howard has done another outstanding directing job. Great acting throughout. Well paced and never dull despite being 2 and a half hours. Realistic boxing sequences too. Interestingly, I saw on this one site that there is debate about whether Max Baer was as brutal and nasty as he was depicted to be in this movie. Very well could be that they intensified his character since that would add to the tension of the climactic finale match.
My only beef with the film is that it had excessive use of the God's name in vain. Otherwise, excellent movie in all respects. (Two years ago I saw "Seabiscuit" in the theaters and felt exactly the same way. And I'd say these movies are about even. Very hard to decide which of the two I like better. It's a photo finish! And a 15 round judge's decision!)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I hope to see it shortly. So where would you rank it among the five, Andy?
That's a good question. I have fond memories of the 89 original, but I haven't seen it in a very long time, so it's hard to judge. I'd say that the new one, though, is at least tied for first with that film. Especially if you want a good exploration of Batman himself as a character, this is a great film.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I went to go see Batman for the second time yesterday because the first time I had mixed reviews. The second time however, I thought this was a really good movie. It's a lot different than Burton's films. However, I still like the 1989 movie with the Joker. Nothing can't beat Jack's performance.

ryan