New movies coming out...

HPDJ

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Batman films. That Madagascar looks good too, but if it's as bad as Ice Age, I'll die!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Yeah, you better, Ryan. We wanna know what it's like (or at least, I do...)

Are you a Batman fan anyway?
Yes sir, I will see the movie and post a review sir!!!

I'm a fan, but not a die hard/harcore fan. I've seen all the movies, and I love the animated series as well as Justic League that features Batman.

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Batman Begins review:

Batman Begins differs from the previous four Batman films to where it's much more darker and focuses on Bruce Wayne/Batman more than showing him and also giving the villians a lot of screen time.

But the bottom line question is, is this movie good? Yes. However, this movie may not be eveyrone's cup of tea since it's different that Burton's 1989 Batman. Bale does make for a good Batman and at times he seemed like he was like Mike Keaton and Kevein Conwroy's Batman from the animated series.

The movie also shows a more crazed Gothem where the city is going to **** and back because the police are corrupt. The only one who believes in law and justice, besides Batman, is Jim Gordon. He befriends Batman and thinks Batman is a good guy and think he's helping to clean gothem. Oldman's Gordon reminded me of the Jim Gordon potrayed in the animated series.

The score itself didn't really do anything for me. I probably have to listen to the music on it's own to make a better opinion. However, Elfman's score to the 1989 Batman film still remains the best.

The ending itself was just priceless. I'll do a spolier at the end of the review for those of you who want to know what I wrote.

Overall, this was a good movie. Some people might say this is the best of the Batman movies, but I still think the 1989 Batman movie is better. But Batman Begins is probably the second favorite.

3 1/2 out of 4 stars.

ryan

Spolier*

The ending was great where it had Jim Gordon and Batman talking and Gordon gave Batman some "evidence" that was a joker card. Of course, Batman relies that he'll look into this Joker problem that is causing problems in Gothem. The Joker will be the next villian in the movie probably.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Batman Begins...

I agree with the 3 1/2 stars.My friend Sean and I watched Batman Begins yesterday,and it is so much better than any of the other Batmans.Good casting(I personally wouldn't have picked Katie Holmes as Rachel,but...).Overall,the mood was dark & as the reviews at CNN.com had stated: once Bruce starts to become and does become Batman,the movie pace picks up,making it an enjoyable ride.Note to the faint at heart and youngsters at MC,the scenes with Scarecrow and scenes involving 'gassing' Gothom are quite scary(word of warning).Christian Bale did an excellent job in the Batman/Bruce role(only other one that made a good Batman was Michael Keaton),Michael Caine was nicely casted as Alfred & the villans did a good job too,kudos to Morgan Freeman who helped Batman go 'high-tech'. Yeah,the Joker card was an excellent lead up for the next movie,just curious who will play The Joker.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
All I can say is they need to bring in Mark Hamil to play the Joker. He did it so well in the animated series.
ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
Tell me, should I go watch it in the theatre, or wait for DVD?

--

Interprited for the big cats:

Growl, meow, roar, roar, meow, purrr?