New movies coming out...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i also went to go see open range today and i really liked the movie. robert duvall was really great. i thought he did a great job. kevin costner did a great job of directing the movie. those scenes out on the open grasslands were really somehting! good movie.

on the flip side, i saw freddy vs jason, and yes, it was really stupid. i knew it wasn't going to be a good movie, but i still wanted to go see it because it had freddy in it. he's not even scary anymore because they made him into a comical, sarcastic person that really doesn't know when to be quiet. i wanted someone to take that glove with the knives on it away from freddy and use it to make him not talk anymore. i can't figure out who's more annoying, him or my mother....i'm still debating..

ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Now that is funny! Too bad about that film. Could have been something. I guess when something's dead it's really dead.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
horror movies have been dead for years. i mean they're not made good anymore. the last good horror movie i liked was the first scream and that came out around 8 years ago. of course i've seen plenty of non horror films that were really horrifying because 1. they were really bad and 2. i wasted 6 bucks to see them!....

ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
horror movies have been dead for years. i mean they're not made good anymore. the last good horror movie i liked was the first scream and that came out around 8 years ago. of course i've seen plenty of non horror films that were really horrifying because 1. they were really bad and 2. i wasted 6 bucks to see them!....

ryan
Oh, I wouldn't say that at all. I love horror films. Maybe you've been seeing the wrong ones. 28 Days Later is still in theaters and deserves to be seen.

I was saying that the Freddy and Jason enterprises have been run into the ground. This film was to be a creative solution out of that, but apparently it didn't work.

Other somewhat recent horror genre films you might consider checking out - Identity, Donnie Darko and Dark City among others that aren't at the tip of my toungue. From **** was an interesting film about Jack the Ripper by the Hughes brothers starring Johnny Depp. Not great, but worth checking out. I also enjoyed American Psycho, although it isnt' a grade A film. Final Destination, Shallow Grave and Cherry Falls were both campy fun too.

There are two very interesting films hitting theaters later this year - The Order and Underworld. Both have spectacular trailers, but you never know. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I get a bit of enjoyment even from bad horror films so it's no sweat for me. :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
Um Jamie? Hello! You forgot the Ring. It didn't scare the bejeezbus out of me, but it was fun and had a few good "jump" moments.

I miss the psychological thrillers like Misery, Silence of the Lambs, etc. They are among my favorite scary movies, and not many of them come out anymore. M. Night Shamalamadingdong tried with Signs, but I thought it was a big let down. I didn't like his other stuff much either (I'm drawing a blank this morning on names)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
radionate said:
M. Night Shamalamadingdong
THAT'S what it was :wink:

I liked Signs very much. The other two were OK, but signs was good!

of course, it was the only scary movie I've seen....(my parents are overprotective)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Totally forgot about Signs. I liked that one too. Didn't like the ring. Just didn't grab me. Too contrived. It was okay, but not a fave of mine.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
ok so i spoke without thinking about some good horror movies that have been made within the past few years. i guess since i've seen so many bad ones i wasn't able ot think of any good ones right off the bat. it was late at night and by brain decided to shut down for the evening...oh well...

ryan

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hmm...another horror film would be house of 1000 courpse, I saw that last May I belive. Uggg I couldn't eat for three days.....I was dragged to that movie, I am seeing Freddy VS Jason tonight thought, I have heard it was more comical and well gory then scary. although I've seen Freddy and Jason movies many times and they were more cheesy and I was alright, except when I was younger because I was scared then;-)

My kinda horror flims are Gremillns 1 & 2, Little Shop of Horrors, because they are more comical and well, they aren't really horror flims at all, with a few people dieing and most of the time they "deserved it" acording to the way the movie is.

I guess I like more creature and monster horror films rather then like sream or house of 1000 courpse, because you'd expect a monster to due saw things like Jaws,Godzilla, gremillns, but a human mudering another is just disturbing to me :embarrassed: Zombie movies I go half way and can make me sick but i've still seen most of them and I'm great at the video games but by navagating another players, i don't dare touch the controller with those kinda games! Zombies are my fear of all fears! :concern: :rolleyes: :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i just read this, there maybe a sequel to daddy dare care called daddy day camp where it takes place at a camp....they're trying to get eddie murphy to come back...

speaking of horror films, the ring 2 will come out sometime in 2004 with naomi watts

also in 2004, a dukes of hazzard movie with rumor casting of ashton kutcher, paul walker, and britney spears

ryan