New movies coming out...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Hey guys, you can see the Runaway Jury trailer here: http://www.imdb.com/Trailers?0313542

This is one film that I am hopping up and down about, not only is it a film of my FAVORITE John Grisham, it also has Gene Hackman and Rachel Weisz in it, though I don't picture Rachel as Marlie, and Gene has a beard I don't think he looks so good it, this looks like a great film.
Right. I'm looking forward to this movie too. I'm certainly hoping it gets a decent rating, my parents are still kinda iffy about the dreaded "R" rating (even though I've seen "R" rated movies that should have been "PG-13" and "PG-13" that should have been "R"). Still, the movie looks good. John Cussack is a good actor, and Gene Hackman is okay. The whole plot of the movie sounds wonderful! I look forward to seeing it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Right. I'm looking forward to this movie too. I'm certainly hoping it gets a decent rating, my parents are still kinda iffy about the dreaded "R" rating (even though I've seen "R" rated movies that should have been "PG-13" and "PG-13" that should have been "R"). Still, the movie looks good. John Cussack is a good actor, and Gene Hackman is okay. The whole plot of the movie sounds wonderful! I look forward to seeing it.
Gene Hackman is okay? What an understatement. That’s quite a mediocre characterization of one of Hollywood's consistently great actors. Cussack is a fine actor too, but He doesn’t have a fraction of Hackman’s legacy. I really want to see that film too.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Sccoter Super? Are you back?
Sort of. Not to the extent I was, but, yeah, kinda... I'll probably be more into it later...

Frogboy, I'm sorry, but, I just don't see how people think he's such a great actor. Sure, he's good, but he's just... I don't know... something. To quote possibly one of the best movies ever, Bowfinger: "he was good, but he just didn't have 'it'." Very few actors have "it" anymore, that magcial quality that leaves you wanting more. Jim Henson had "it".

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
How many Hackman films have you seen? I guess it's just a generational thing or you don't particularly like him. However, he definitely has "it". He's been in the buisness for many years, has received critical acclaim and has attracted entertainment's finest directors. If you have time, check out his classic work in The French Connection, The Conversation, Unforgiven, his entertaining work as Lex Luthor in the Superman films and more recently his work in The Royal Tenenbaums. I'm sure you will enjoy him in those projects. I'm always up for a Hackman film. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
yeah, I suppose you're right. I haven't seen a lot with him in it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Behind Enimy lines is the best I have seen him in so far.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen that yet. I've heard okay things about that film and it's on my list someday. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Move it up your list there Frogboy. That is a great film (apart from one or two obvious continuality errors) and it has Owen Wilson in it, that makes a film worth watching IMHO.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Acording to what I read on IMDB, Will Smith has just been saying that Independance Day II (Which started this thread BTW) will not ever become a reality.
THANK GOD!! Now, if Jurasshashadit Park 4, Taxi the movie, and the rest were not a reality either, I could sleep well tonight!