1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New movies coming out...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryhoyarbie, Apr 10, 2003.

1. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

hey i just saw x-men 2 this morning,, and it was a good movie. it was better than the first one. and i wasn't really for sure how this movie was going to be. but i liked it.

ryan
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hey, they had Boba Fett the bounty hunter so why not Han Solo, and he would at least be a tottler if it has baby Leah and Luke because he was older than both of them. That would be sooo cute, a baby version of Han Solo!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
  3. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

If they put Han in, he wouldn't be a toddler.

If you think about it, they are most likely going to have Ep. III when Luke and Leia are at least 3 years old, as there is very little chance they'd remember their mother at any younger age (seeing how, in ROTJ, they talk about their memories [no matter how vague], I think they'd be good enough to show us how those memories were formed). Going on that, I'd put Han at about 8 years older than Luke (sure its debatable, but give the scenes and such of ANH, I think I'd be about right). So, if my calculations are correct, Han Solo in Episode III will be: 11 years old.

So just think of Anakin from Ep. I...only its Han Solo.

-Matt
  4. wolfy

wolfy Member

Han, Luke and Leia as toddlers or babies?

And Chewie as a teen?

Ah, I can see the musical now...

(sing along with me, to the tune of "Muppet Babies...")

"Star Wars Babies...They fly across the sky....

"Star Wars Babies...Someday they'll get that guy..."

(sorry, got up and was in a giggly mood today)
    wolfy
  5. Beauregard

:attitude: :This is shaping upt to be a good voyage.

So what do you guys think about the news of a Thunderbirds live-action film, or do you think nothing of it?
  6. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

About the Chewie thing...I think wookies are supposed to have really long lives, So it coyuld probably still be adult Chewie.
    ....Live-action Thunderbirds? Cool. I think I heard a rumor a while ago a/b a live-action Speed Racer movie, but I'm not sure if I dreamed that...Or missed it....
  7. Beauregard

Yep, Thunderbirds coming out next year, Bill Pakon as Jeff Tracey.

The problem is they have lowered the ages of all the Tracys so they the youngest is twelve and the story is mainly about TinTin, Gorden(I think), and one of Gordens friends that was never in the origanal seres and the film is aimed at 10 and less so it may be a flop as far as I am concerned.

(Also Penny and Parker do not look good so I am dissapointed.)

Another thing Chewie was 200 in the other star wars so he must be over 100 in this one.
  8. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

i've read various websites that the fans don't want to see a baby version of han solo and neither do i . i mean what's the point if they show solo as a child. i, like a lot of other people don't care to see solo as a chold. now if they showed leia and luke as babies, that's fine by me, because they serve a purpose to what's supposed to happen in the later star wars movies; seeing a baby han solo has no purpose.

ryan
  9. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

The purpose would be to please Han fans.

Isn't that what Ep. I-III is all about; pleasing the fans?

I don't necissarily want baby Han to be in it, but I wouldn't be upset if he was, for the aforementioned reason.

-Matt
  10. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

i don't think to many people want to see a baby han solo. they would be pleased if episode 3 was actually a good movie.

ryan
  11. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Depends on who you talk to. Not speakin' to the right crowd with me, as Episode II was one of my all-time favorite movies.

-Matt
  12. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

episode II was good, but to much computer technology that messed up the movie for my tastes...

ryan
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think a cameo of Han Solo would be cool as long as it was a quick cut rather than a plot point. There are many cameos in the last 2 Star Wars films. Why stop now? Heck, Episode One even featured ET. I don't think a shot showing Han in a sight gag as a troublemaking toddler would be bad for the film. However, I do think the corny dialogue could be an issue. ;)

Anyway, I think it's all good.
  14. Beauregard

Did I read that wrong or did that say ET was a cameo in Ep!?
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

ET and his friends are in the senate meeting. Watch it again. They are very clearly there. Fun stuff. Wish they'd included a Koozbanian too. :p
  16. Beauregard

17. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Amen, brother.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Please tell me you mean Thundercats! I do not like the prospect of a movie based on Puppets with an all human cast. What would happen if they did it to :) :o :mad: :concern: ;) ????

Anyway., ET in ep 1? Pretty trippy... In the movie ET, they were playing with Star Wars action figures!
  19. Beauregard

Yeah, I agree about the Thunderbirds thing though I was looking forward to it to start with. It is good to have somthing Thunderbirdy. BUT The story is centered around TinTin, Alan, and, you won't believe this, some kid that wasn't in the seres at ALL, AND the main machine is a new one called Thunderbird 6. 6 for crying out loud what was wrong with the other ones?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What is this world coming to?
  20. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Wow. I completely missed that part! Cool though, I love E.T.:flirt:

That's one of my favorite parts! I love it when he holds up Greedo and makes them fight:)