New movies coming out...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
A 6-foot canary, a pig that loves a frog, and a bear that lives in a big blue house, but has no paying job - all of these are just as ludicrous as a seahorse with a water allergy. Who even knows how far they take that gag. I think some people have been out to dislike the film even before the teaser was released. No, it probably won't be Monsters Inc, but why does it have to be? Let's just wait and see. This is why some directors guard their films and don't give much away until you see it. Films and characters are hard to sum up in a couple of sentences. I'm sure some of your favorite Muppets would seem stupid with just a picture and a brief description. Let's not forget how tired the Toy Story premise was. We've all seen toys come to life a billion times, but Pixar pulled it off. I think Nemo will be an interesting journey at the very least. I might not give every film 5 stars, but Pixar hasn’t made a bad one yet. :excited:
I don't think the examples you stated are on the same level really. I mean, all of them exist in an air-breathing environment, and none are allergic to air (good example Sarah). But to have something allergic to its natural element is just inane to me. It would mean that that thing would be in a perpetual state of allergic reaction.

I don't think I would feel the same about the aforementioned scenarios if I heard them in brief, being they are all things that could be imagined in a creative mind. But the fish that is allergic to water, that's just dumb to me. I am curious to see how he maintains life though, so I guess the brief description served its purpose.

Like I said before, I am going to see the film with a very open mind, as I do with all Disney films (lets not forget that it is Disney, and thus they have the ultimate influence over the whole shee-bang). I'm just not digging whats being offered so far (and if this films director is sitting on a masterpiece, he is guarding its greatness extremely well). Hopefully when I see it everything will change.

But, I guess I'm the weird one; I didn't care for Monsters Inc., and loved the concept for Toy Story despite its over use.

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The fillm is about a couple of characters searching for their friend. What's so iffy about that? The premise of the film reminds me of the classic Hope and Crosby "Road To.." movies. I find the underwater setting pretty interesting. It's also quite a technical challenge. I just don't get the criticism. :concern:

I think a seahorse with a sinus problem or under water allergy is kind of funny. The criticism on it is just splitting hairs to me when you take into account that fish can't talk. :rolleyes:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hmm i'm not sure what's iffy about it...ever since i saw the first trailer i could see why people wouldn't like it...of course i loved it...the trailer alone made me crack up for five minutes

i think some people don't like it because it is a new concept...something differant from the other pixar movies....a different direction.

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooooh! I thought of a funny. :big_grin: If the film does turn out to be a "Road To" type movie I hope it doesn't turn out to be "Fishtar". (ducks) :embarrassed:

I have faith that the film will be one of the more entertaining films of the season. :excited:

wolfy

Reaction score
Frogboy said...
The fillm is about a couple of characters searching for their friend.
Actually, the film is about a father and his friend who are looking for the father's son, who was kidnapped (fishnapped?) by humans when he was at school with his friends.

I don't really see what's so "Road to..." about that. More like one of those "Lifetime" movies, or one of those reality things that the stations jump on so quickly, like that movie about Jessica Lynch that NBC is hoping to do in the next couple months, with or without her permission...

Speaking of movies for various seasons, did anyone happen to see one called "Santa vs the Snowman"? It is by the same people who put out "Jimmy Neutron," but more along the "Thumb Wars" kind of thing when it comes to humor...it only shows at Imax theaters, so I really don't want to miss this one...anyone?

Oh, and Frogboy, are you going to be watching the Bob Hope special tonight? Nice that they are giving him a 100th birthday present almost 5 weeks prior to his 100th birthday...I always know when my next birthday is...right after Bob's...gosh, does this make me a year older today??

Happy Easter to all, and Happy Passover to all, too...

And to those who don't care to celebrate, or their background doesn't have such holidays, I hope you have a really wonderful Sunday, full of sunshine and happiness as well...
wolfy

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
Happy Easter to all, and Happy Passover to all, too...

And to those who don't care to celebrate, or their background doesn't have such holidays, I hope you have a really wonderful Sunday, full of sunshine and happiness as well...
wolfy
Ah wolfy; shedder of light and happiness throughout all of Muppet Central.

:big_grin: :wink:

(and a Happy Easter, Passover, or Sunday to you too good lady friend.)

-Matt

wolfy

Reaction score
Awwwww, Matt...you make me blush!

Hey, anyone else see the X-men special this evening on FOX?

Pretty interesting. They didn't have me convinced to see the movie at the theater until they showed Alan Cumming's character (Nightcrawler) and all the computer graphic work they had to do with him, plus the fact that he had that darned working tail! I want one of those!! :big_grin:

Kids looked at me funny when I said, "Hmm, still not convinced to see it in the theater" prior to that, though. Thought my teenager was going to choke on his chocolate bunny...

Grinnin' around the nice cake my hubby baked for me today...
wolfy

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
okay people since no one didn't talk about bruce almighty, i'm assumming you don't want to see this movie since everyone is talking about finding nemo. okay moving on.....
I want to see it. Of course, there's not many movies I don't want to see...well, I guess that's not true either (ie. The Lizzie McGuire Movie)...whatever. Anyway, I just got my EW summer movie preview and I'm very excited. One of the ones I am most looking forward to is 'Down with Love' with Ewan McGreggor and Rene Zellweger.

Anyway, I'm also excited to see X-Men.

wolfy

Reaction score
"Down with Love"...

Is that the one that is supposed to take us back to the days of Rock Hudson and Doris Day-style movies, with someone actually playing the part of a "friend" who is quite similar to Tony Randall's part in the old Rock/Doris films?

No, I'm not looking forward to any kind of Rock/Doris/Tony remakes. The originals are great; again, why mess with the good stuff?

And I do have a question: Has ANYone heard any truth to the rumor that Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are planning to remake "Casablanca?"

If they are...Hollywood, take me now! I swear, NO ONE can improve on Bogart and Bergman!!
wolfy

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
And I do have a question: Has ANYone heard any truth to the rumor that Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are planning to remake "Casablanca?"
wolfy
What? No seriously, are you honestly saying there is some rumor that those...people, are going to be reliving the lead roles of Casablanca?

The rage that is growing inside me is becoming very thick at this moment, and I think that if I don't get off the computer and unleash it somewhere I am going to punch a hole clear through my monitor. Excuse me.

...Okay, I'm good now (I was gone for exactly 12 minutes, in case you were wondering). Honest to god, I see the aforementioned remake as a sign of the apocolypse. It would be pinacle of Hollywood's demise, and the beginning of film's total deconstruction of essance (and to think I thought that had already begun). I pray, to whatever may be watching over me, that this does not come to pass. I seriously don't know what I would do if it did, but I know it would be something destructive.

-Matt