New movies coming out...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy

"Finding Nemo"...maybe. Again, that Disney thing...do I, or don't I? I can wait for the DVD, really. ALMOST did with "Lilo" but glad I finally saw it on the big screen. Kicked myself for missing "Spirit" on the big screen, though. Gads that must have been beautiful.
Well... i WOULD see it on the big screen... after all, it's not Disney that made the film, they released it. Pixar made the film.. so technically, Diz just does the merchandising.

Besides, Pixar Movies are usually the best!

wolfy

Reaction score
Riiiiiiight...

Pixar movies ARE better than "Disney" ones...

Toy Story (original and 2), Gerald's Game, Monster's Inc., Mike's Car, and that one about the big bird who gets the better of the little birds (my personal favorite).

Okay, but again, I need to see some kind of preview or trailer for this before I make a total commitment...

By the way...Anyone know where I can come up with a Garfield Easter basket REAL QUICK? My kid saw one at the store the other day and I didn't get it (dumb me, wanted to get one without him around you know, a mommy thing) and now I'm stuck! Most places are OUT of their Easter stuff already (I think they hide it until after Sunday so they can put it on sale...) HELP!
wolfy

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wolfy

Geez, kind of negative on the 2003 line-up. :eek:

I can't see why anyone would be down on Nemo, but praise Spirit. That was one of the most boring, but attractive, films of 2002. That's probably why no one responded to it. You can see most previews on Yahoo Movies, including Nemo,

I'm not defending Dumb and Dumberer in any way. Never cared for the first. and I'm not much of a Carey fan. The sequel will not star Daniels and Carey. Younger actors will play the leads. I'm still skipping this one.

I find it peculiar the only reason you will see the X-Men film is for Hugh Jackman. There's a lot more to the franchise than him, but he's certainly a plus. He gave the strongest performance in the last film.

The rest of the films...I'll probably catch them depending on my shedule. I just like movies. :smile:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
Okay, but again, I need to see some kind of preview or trailer for this before I make a total commitment...
Watch the Disney Channel for Nemo trailers. They have them like every 5 minutes. I for one definitely want to see it, I love Pixar!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Yeah...I haven't been much for Disney movies of late, either, but I AM a big Pixar fan! And "Finding Nemo" looks HILARIOUS!!!!
...Terminator 3 I'll probably end up catching rented, or even when it comes on TV. Same for "Dumb & Dumberer", which means if I don't have anything to do, and there's nothing else good on, I may stp & watch a particularly funny part, and change it once it gets annoying. Or just listen to my friends' Harry & Llloyd impressions. (Like I did w/the first one, yes.)
I'll more than likely be dragged to Matrix Reloaded & The Hulk, (probably even X-Men 2), by my 2 best guy frirends & my brother, but, hey, even if a movie STINKS, it's fun to watch with them! But all of these look pretty good, anyway. Hulk, especially, seems promising. I was a big Spidey fan, but didn't really have any intention of seeing the movie, (I have no faith in comic-book-turned-movie), but my brother dragged me, and I really enjoyed it. X-Men I didn't see in theaters, but I'm honestly not sure if I even really regret that.
Legally Blonde 2 would be fun to see w/my sister, or my 3 best female friends....Christina's been promising me a girls' night out, anyway! (Chinese food & chick flicks! YAAAAAAY!!!)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I have seen the "Nemo" trailer. It looks okay I guess. Honestly everything is going mediocre until that part with the spaced-out turtle. That killed it for me. But, like all Pixar/Disney films, I will go see it regardless.

-Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I have seen the "Nemo" trailer. It looks okay I guess. Honestly everything is going mediocre until that part with the spaced-out turtle. That killed it for me. But, like all Pixar/Disney films, I will go see it regardless.
Well... I'd say that their best two films were Toy Story two (a Disney released sequal that IMPORVES the story, etc. instead of ruining the original) and Monsters Incorperated. Bugs Life was a little weaker of the four, and I thought ANTZ was better executed, but that doesn't mean Bugs Life isn't one of my faves. Nemo looks like a good film, yet I doubt it's going to be better than Monsters Inc. But I can't tell until I see it.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
okay...how about we keep the discussion to the movie that is being discussed! no offense guys! now issue 24: bruce almighty..why do i sound like that mclaughlin guy! (dana carvey does a great impression of him on snl)...

okay, moving on to bruce almighty with jim carrey. i think this is going to be a good movie. the concept of the story seems funny because god played by morgan freeman gives his powers to a normal regular joe played by jim carey for about a week. not only that but the director tom shadyac has done some funny movies in the past 10 years including the first ace ventura movie, the first nutty professor movie, liar liar, and patch adams....so i think this will be another hit for jim and tom...bottem line-i'm going to see this movie if not opening day, then opening weekend!

ryan

wolfy

Reaction score
Jamie, Jamie, Jamie...

We lose you on "Patch Adams," and you can't understand a woman's wanting to go to see "X-2: X-men United" because of Hugh Jackman...

WHAT are we going to have to do with you...?

Hey, Manda-D...want to explain to Jamie why a woman wants to go to see "X-men" because of someone like Hugh Jackman? Some woman here help me out...I can't be the ONLY one who saw the potential in that man!! :wink: :wink:

"Watch the Disney Channel..." to see the previews of "Nemo?" I don't even watch the Disney Channel now...not since it went 24/7 dumb-kid commercial. It was good when it had some dignity and grace to it, but when they went totally kid-related and thew out all the adult stuff, well, I quit watching. Both channels AND the cartoon channel! So there are three channels I pay for that I don't watch on my satellite dish service, thank you very much...

I used to try and tune in for BITBBH, but they kept switching his start times, and now it clashes with my soap, soooo, the soap wins! Yes, I am a soap watcher! Wanna say somethin' about it? :mad:

I'll wait until I see a trailer for "Nemo" on one of the major channels, or come across it online or something. I'm not such a big movie goer or fan that I NEED to see it...Whoa...it was just on! Can you believe it? I love the "surfer dude" turtle. He's so cute. Reminds me of Michael McKeon in "Earth Girls Are Easy."

Oh, and how many of you are going to go see that "Lizzie McGuire" movie? Isn't that a Disney thing? Or that Amanda Bynes thing? Aren't those supposed to be "big draws" because of being aimed toward kids? I won't be seeing that Lizzie one because in the commericals alone she falls on her face a minimum of five times. Again with the cheap gimmicks? Why? Is this supposed to be normal for people? My kids don't fall on their faces or get crotch shots or emit loud farts for laughs; why should so-called "role models" do so?

I didn't know that Morgan Freeman was going to be God in "Bruce Almighty." Perhaps there will be a saving grace for the movie after all, even if Jennifer Anniston IS going to be in it...

Negative attitude for the movies this summer? Naaaaaw...just tellin' it like it is...

Not much of a movie goer, don't care to waste my money, can't afford to waste my money, so if I go to a movie, it had better be DARNED good...

And "Spirit" was one of Dreamworks best movies (considering I was not much for Dreamworks until "Shrek" came out, this is saying a LOT for me), but then, I have Native American in my background so perhaps I felt closer to the story than you did, Jamie?

And I wasn't "down" on "Nemo." I just said it was that "Disney" thing...do I or don't I want to go? With the track record of Disney for the last few years, with their cartoon, live action and computer generated movies and what they seem to consider as "humor," I am to the point where I would like to hear some feedback rather than be a "test audience." Since I hadn't heard anything about it, really, I was mainly stating I didn't know how I felt about it one way or another. I still don't. But I liked the "surfer dude" turtle in the preview, what little there was of it. I do have to admit, though, that his actions reminded me of Flounder with his "...and it was 'this is this, and that is that'" speech in "The Little Mermaid." Or was it just me...?

Any other movies coming out that we haven't discussed?
wolfy