New movies coming out...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ah, Independance Day..

*Breaks into song*
:sing:
MEEEEMMMORIIIEEEEESSS!!!
:sing:

Sorry about that. Its just that ID4 was the movie I saw on my first date. Eh, the date sucked. Movie was cool though.

I'll definitely be seeing this sequel. Underneath my intellectual, well-spoken exterior, I am a total sucker for wicked effects and stupidly plotted action flicks. :stick_out_tongue:

-Matt

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I'd go see a sequel, I think it could be fun. I agree about the plot and everything but it was just an enjoyable movie in the long run. I'd definitely want to see Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum back though! :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock

I'll definitely be seeing this sequel. Underneath my intellectual, well-spoken exterior, I am a total sucker for wicked effects and stupidly plotted action flicks. :stick_out_tongue:
who doesn't:wink:

i'm not much into shoot em up movies, but independance day had an attempt at a plot (most just pretend) so i liked it....

I'd definitely want to see Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum back though!
ME TOO!!!!!

Sarah

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
who's all in line to go see freddy vs jason? i am!!!!!!! movie got knocked back from june 13th to august 15th...

ryan

CraigD

Reaction score
Hated Independance Day with a passion. I understand that it was intentionally cheesy, but when you make a corny film and then expect people to take it seriously in the final act - it doesn't work.

Hated it almost as much as Armageddon - a film that pretty much did the same thing.

Hopefully the sequel will fall through.

Yet I'll go see Freddy vs Jason. Why? I don't know. Guess it has to do with the obsessions I had as a teen with those two franchises.

Craig

wolfy

Reaction score
Well, I kind of liked Independence Day, but then I like Harry Connick, Jr. Especially when he is proposing to Will...(heeheehee)

"Popcorn" movies, eh? The old "disengage brain, open mouth, enjoy the show" kind of thing?

And how many Ben Affleck movies does THAT cover? Besides all of them?

(Oh, can't STAND that person...first thing I saw him in was "Pearl Harbor," and he walked around with closeups of white spittle in the corners of his mouth the whole movie...EWWWWW!)

gagging now...
wolfy

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
I'd definitely want to see Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum back though! :big_grin:
Bill Pullman's father used to be my grandfather's barber.

Yeah, me and Bill get together all the time! We're like brothers!:rolleyes: Yeah right.

But, his father was my grandfather's barber. They have a big sign in Hornell, NY "Home of Bill Pullman!" (this has becvome a running gag between me and my brother) It's interesting, considering I don't think he lived there that long.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
hey that's a cool story...

moving on...jason vs. freddy.....think it will be any good?....think that horror movies aren't that good any more?...

i will go see this movie just like craig, but i don't know why. maybe because i saw all those freddy movies when i was a kid, even though the last 4 were dumb. i just want to see what freddy does to jason and vice versa..

ryan

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I don't watch horror movies because...ah, well...basically I'm a big scared wimp! So no, I will not be seeing Jason vs. Freddy.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
I don't watch horror movies because...ah, well...basically I'm a big scared wimp! So no, I will not be seeing Jason vs. Freddy.
LoL!

You can come chill with me Kris. :smile: I am not really scared par se, I'm just very selective about the horror flicks I see. I doubt I'll be seeing this one.

-Matt