New Muppet Christmas Ornament at the Disney Store

Drtooth

Reaction score
saw these in person at the Disney Store they looked great side from the fact that on all of them Kermits legs were broken off
Now I'm afraid to actually get this. That said, what the heck ever happened to "Ya break it, ya bought it?" I've seen too many pieces of merchandise damaged or opened by thoughtless bratty kids still for sale on store shelves.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
a very brief review

I just got mine and love it! It's under $10 and no fan should pass this up. It fits somewhat near the scale of the Hallmark ornaments and this new version of Kermit and Piggy makes a great addition to Animal, the Swedish Chef, Statler and Waldorf. This is the time to be a Muppet ornament collector.

Paint apps are decent, the sculpt is impressive. Piggy isn't perfect, but it's one of the best commercial representations I've seen of her in a few years. I give her a solid B effort. Kermit's in the A range. The item is packed well to protect Kermit's thin legs. I don't see them breaking off if one employs the usual care for delicate ornaments. There's no excuse to pass this up!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see them breaking off if one employs the usual care for delicate ornaments.
Yeah... you try to be careful then a branch falls off. :eek: Happened one to many times for me. Luckily nothing I really REALLY liked got seriously damaged.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah... you try to be careful then a branch falls off. :eek: Happened one to many times for me. Luckily nothing I really REALLY liked got seriously damaged.
The legs are still fairly sturdy. I think some child probaby snapped off the Kermit leg in the Disney Store. It's not difficult to do, but it appears to take intent...or a really, really monsterously tall Christmas tree. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see destructive brats break stuff off like that all the time, if that's the case. I still say they need to implement the "You break it, you buy it" policy again. I'm too afraid to touch anything made of anything but plastic or wood when I go into a store. And then I see kids rip open packages and steal the toys inside, leading empty packaging hanging off the shelves.

That said, I do rather like this one.... even though it's standard Kermit and Piggy stuff. Hopefully this will awaken more characters for next year... but then again, I didn't get the chance to get the Up on from last year.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I see destructive brats break stuff off like that all the time, if that's the case. I still say they need to implement the "You break it, you buy it" policy again. I'm too afraid to touch anything made of anything but plastic or wood when I go into a store. And then I see kids rip open packages and steal the toys inside, leading empty packaging hanging off the shelves.

That said, I do rather like this one.... even though it's standard Kermit and Piggy stuff. Hopefully this will awaken more characters for next year... but then again, I didn't get the chance to get the Up on from last year.
I manage a collectibles toy store and see so many little terrors come in and manhandle everything. We have some expensive items and will charge their horrible parents if need be, but we haven't had to do so yet. The most annoying thing is when a kid that's old enough to know better leaves large hand prints on every glass surface in the store! We just stocked some Smurfs, but keep them behind glass to prevent shoplifting. That's a heavily handprinted area. :wink:

Back to the ornament...it's copyrighted 2005. I wonder if that's just when they created the Mupppets Holding Company stamp or if they've shelved this ornament until now. :confused:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Mine arrived today from Disney UK mail order.

Kermits left arm and hand were broke off, his limbs are so thin!

However Credit to them, I rang up and they told me a replacement would be with me tomorrow and no need to return the broken one, so a bit of glue and I got two of em!

They are a really nice sculpt, very similar to a UK/EUROPE figurine a few years ago, but smaller and Piggy is in Xmas clothes. This One.........

http://www.spottydoggiftshop.co.uk/product/miss-piggy-kermit-bear-hug

Love it though, bargain for £6.00.

Chris

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I just purchased mine on line £4.95 postage.

However the Disney Store emailed me a £5 voucher redeemable between 7th - 21st October 2010 on any purchase, no minimum spend!

So the ornament works out at £1.00 +£4.95 postage which makes it 5p cheaper and you can get 5% cash back via Quidco.

Good news is that the voucher wasn't exclusive the code is: R17C3UNYFNVI

Terms and conditions: Click Here to View Email in Full

Get it now, with the voucher and cash back they are practically giving them away.

Leanne