New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree, I hope Disney is reading this.

YOU HEAR THAT DISNEY? We don't want the whole movie to focus on Kermit & Piggy!
I hope they don't stick with the story 100%. I just can't see a caper. I dunno, like Oscarfan said, I'm judging it way too fast. But it's kinda weird becuase "The Muppets" is a "better version of It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and then the next movie will be a better version of The Great Muppet Caper. I really don't know. Maybe becuase the reason is, is becuase I'm not the biggest fan of GMC. I mean it's not my favorite movie, so hearing that a similar movie is coming out.

Anyway, I'm not too worried at the moment, at the begginning "The Muppets" was The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made and The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made before being changed to "The Muppets". So we'll just have to wait.

zoebell

Reaction score
well, it's never been the whole plot for any movie, but it has always been a very significant part of every movie, and that should continue to be. it's the underlying heart, and when they get away from that, like they did in the later films, the series tends to suffer. imo.

ScooterLover

Reaction score
There is no completion timeline or release date, folks. There has just been conjecture from the writers about what Disney prefers and wild assumptions from MC forum members.
All I can say is... SCOOTER SCOOTER SCOOTER SCOOTER SCOOTER SCOOTER SCOOTER SCOOTER SCOOTER!!! WE NEED TO SEE MORE SCOOTER!!! AND AND HE SHOULD HAVE HIS OWN SONG AND HIS OWN SCENE AND MOST OF ALL... HE SHOULD HAVE A LOVE LIFE!!!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
It should start with Walter reading internet info about the new movie. He would worry about every little thing he sees. In fact maybe he should interrupt the plot and appear on screen anytime he does not like something to explain mistakes. :wink:
I actually love this idea! Fade in - Walter sitting at a computer with Muppet Central as his homepage. Zoom in on him furiously typing his response to the "New Muppet Movie in Development..." thread. Then he calls Gary who is on his honeymoon and shares the latest Muppet news.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i'm really excited for this movie and if nick stoller is writing it hopefully it will be as great as the muppets a road trip film is a good concept but the muppet movie was kind of like their road trip to hollywood. But i really hope for this new movie rizzo gets a bit more screen time as he was a main character but hopefully if the second is well recieved it could mean that there are even more muppet movies in the future.

Jrogers51375

Reaction score
1. What would you like to see as the plot in the new Muppet "comedy caper" type film?

The Plot should revolve around the new found fame the Muppets are experiencing from the previous movie. The Electric Mayhem has become worldwide famous over night and start thinking each one of them is more famous than the other members which causes tension in the band. I would really like to see Kathy Griffin as a band groupie that follows the band like the Grateful Dead and she has a wild crazy daughter played by Jennifer Stone from Wizards of Waverly Place wearing crazy Muppet themed outfits. I would love to revisit Kathy’s obsession with Animal.

Miss Piggy who is desperately trying to look younger and become skinnier to fit her view of herself jumps on the reality tv circuit. Shows like Biggest Loser, Celebrity rehab “for her donut obsession” Project Runway . I would love to see a bit with Bunson as a clinical psychologist who refers to Beaker as one of his success stories.

Gonzo is trying to do more dangerous and crazier stunts to keep his fans happy. I could see him going the magic route with a cameo of Chis Angel. Camilla is sitting at home laying eggs and knitting sweaters out of worry for Gonzo’s safety. Rizzo dealing with his jealousy of Camilla.
Pigs in Space could become the next new Star Trek and could play off Link being this macho womanizing swine of a pig. I could see Shatner or Tim Allen supporting his macho attitude.
Kermit and Fozzie after becoming tired of nonstop celebrity appearances and realizing what fame is doing to them, go out to find the other Muppets out of concern to see how they are handling their new found fame.

2. What characters would you like to see have the leading roles?

I would like to see Gonzo, The Electric Mayhem, Link Heart Throb, Kermit and Fozzi, and Miss Piggy.

3.Do you want a Muppet villain (like in Muppets From Space, Letters to Santa and The Muppets) and if so who, or would you prefer the villain to be just a human role for one or more characters?

The villain is the Fame and how it has affected the main leading Muppets.

4. Whether they were in The Muppets or not, what five minor characters do you hope have a bigger role in the new movie?

Camilla, Rizo, Beeker, Honeydoo, and Scooter

5. What style of music would you like for the new film? Are there any characters that you hope have a song in the new movie?

I would like to see new original songs performed by the lead Muppet roles. Love songs, bro songs, feel good songs, I don’t care about the genre but it needs to appeal to all ages of the audience.

muppetmommy

Reaction score
I love the idea of a caper. I loved the GMC. I wish people would stop referencing MFS, though, it was a horrid, horrid, horrid production and is why we long time Muppetfans have been so scared about new ventures.

Well, that and that absolute debacle call "Almost live" or something like that. Remember those shows? They were hosted by some Disneyteen and the Muppets critiqued from backstage. What a waste of felt!

It would be nice to have Frank Oz back, but they have to actually use his wisdom and not put in Whoopie cushion shoes or anything of the sort. That really took away from the dignity of the rest of the movie.

As for "Kermiggy" (Avlios, you should be sent to the Island of Perpetual Tickling for coming up with that one.) if one would go back and watch everything very closely, Piggy has the relationship with Kermit. It's not reciprocated. He sees her as a very good friend. I like how TM addressed it and how it was left. I actually liked Piggy in that one, by the end.

The Mayhem definitely needs more screen time, and the Chef. What kind of Caper, I couldn't say. A villan, yes. A western, maybe? Then we can have more Lobster Banditos! And Rizzo, of course.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Oh, this is awesome!

Still... Already? Wow...

WOOT!

zoebell

Reaction score
oh, yes it is reciprocated. esp in the movies. they're together in every single movie, go back and watch the first three. the muppet show was where it was mostly not reciprocated, but even there occasionally there were several episodes where he was jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.