New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I see I'm not the only one who thinks this. Here is my prediction, and I'll go out on a limb, right or wrong: Constantine romances Miss Piggy--partly because that's what any normal cold-blooded amphibian would do, but also to continue the masquerade that he's Kermit. And, in order to stop the wedding, I'll betcha Kermit has to actually declare his feelings for Piggy. Even then, I think Piggy might torment him by actually contemplating marriage with someone who wants to be married to her. You know what they say--"a frog in the chapel is worth two frogs who aren't." If I get my wish, this will lead Kermit to say, "Oh yeah? Well, show's what you know!" and take Constantine's place in the wedding. (I would REALLY like to see this, even though I know they are already married.)
The other alternative is that, after convincing her that she cannot marry Constantine because he isn't the frog she really loves, that Kermit ONCE AGAIN weenies out of commitment. In typical Kermit fashion, he is usually able to scuttle Piggy's plans to find happiness without him and get her to declare her feelings for him without a lot of commitment in return. Here's hoping Piggy gets something more than a used wedding dress in return.
Wow, that is so similar to my own theory, it's quite scary.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
When you're a puppeteer, and you've had your arm up for that long, as soon as the director yells "cut", you can bet everyone's immediately going to go down!
Just imagine how Steve felt when he had to be crammed inside the back of a car, performing Kermit for three hours without break during a parade a few years back!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just imagine how Steve felt when he had to be crammed inside the back of a car, performing Kermit for three hours without break during a parade a few years back!
Yeah, I'm sure parades are always the worst for the puppeteers. Having your arm up for hours is no fun. And being crammed in a tight spot is even less fun. During a promotion for the last movie, Miss Piggy showed up at a convention in the sidecar of a motorcycle. That can only poor Eric had to squeeze into an extremely tiny space to perform Piggy.

cjd874

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure parades are always the worst for the puppeteers. Having your arm up for hours is no fun. And being crammed in a tight spot is even less fun. During a promotion for the last movie, Miss Piggy showed up at a convention in the sidecar of a motorcycle. That can only poor Eric had to squeeze into an extremely tiny space to perform Piggy.
The same thing applies to the Sesame Street Muppeteers in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Imagine Caroll, Kevin, Leslie, Marty, Carmen, and a bunch of other lesser-known/apprentice puppeteers squeezed into that SS float for over three hours with their hands above their heads. Kevin even recalled losing his voice after playing Cookie Monster at Macy's TP back in 1979 or 1980. It must be exhilarating, but also exhausting.

But I digress. As for Ruhanna's idea about the plot, here's my take on the whole entire plot. WARNING: Not the final plot, just my own idea.

So Kermit & the gang take their show around the world (based on what we see in the promo poster). When they stop in London, they get tangled up in Constantine's evil plot to take over the world. Trouble is, he looks like Kermit and woos Miss Piggy behind Kermit's back. When Miss Piggy tells the real Kermit about the wedding, he flips out and is totally confused. Soon, Constantine is about to marry Piggy and Kermit ends up behind bars, being mistaken for Constantine. His Muppet friends are in jail too, being mistaken for partners in crime. Somehow, Kermit escapes...maybe with help from Danny Trejo and Animal...eating the bars? :big_grin: Then the whole Muppet gang races to the cathedral and Kermit finally declares his love for Piggy. Constantine gets taken down in some Muppety fashion (an explosion by Crazy Harry, perhaps?), and then the real Kermit gets hitched to Miss Piggy.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
So Kermit & the gang take their show around the world (based on what we see in the promo poster). When they stop in London, they get tangled up in Constantine's evil plot to take over the world. Trouble is, he looks like Kermit and woos Miss Piggy behind Kermit's back. When Miss Piggy tells the real Kermit about the wedding, he flips out and is totally confused. Soon, Constantine is about to marry Piggy and Kermit ends up behind bars, being mistaken for Constantine. His Muppet friends are in jail too, being mistaken for partners in crime. Somehow, Kermit escapes...maybe with help from Danny Trejo and Animal...eating the bars? :big_grin: Then the whole Muppet gang races to the cathedral and Kermit finally declares his love for Piggy. Constantine gets taken down in some Muppety fashion (an explosion by Crazy Harry, perhaps?), and then the real Kermit gets hitched to Miss Piggy.
Then James Bobin says, "okay guys, that's a wrap, great work!". Kermit says to Piggy, well Piggy, I got to go grab lunch. See ya later!" Piggy angrily yells. "WHAT?!!!".

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
The same thing applies to the Sesame Street Muppeteers in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Imagine Caroll, Kevin, Leslie, Marty, Carmen, and a bunch of other lesser-known/apprentice puppeteers squeezed into that SS float for over three hours with their hands above their heads. Kevin even recalled losing his voice after playing Cookie Monster at Macy's TP back in 1979 or 1980. It must be exhilarating, but also exhausting.

But I digress. As for Ruhanna's idea about the plot, here's my take on the whole entire plot. WARNING: Not the final plot, just my own idea.

The only flaw I can see in your scheme is the fact that Constantine isn't out to take over the world, he's only after some precious jewels.

Status
Not open for further replies.