1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'm only giving my opinion as you're...I understand Disney wanting to take advantage while the muppets are on a running streak right now. I think a lot more pushing is also due to blu-ray/DVD sales. Do I want them to just make crappy specials again heck no! But I don't want to see a rushed script and bad movie either. I mean it took what five years in the making just for the current one and why was it good despite some flaws because as the saying goes all good things take time.
  2. Pinkflower7783

And they've only outlined a script so I'm sure there's gonna be a lot scrapping before its a go ahead. Only time will tell. But as a fan I am very excited and hopeful!
  3. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Exactly. Haha! I'm sure there were a lot of confused audience members.

I know the "Muppets" marketing worked, but I still think a lot of it could have been done better. Better graphics, punchier trailers and tv spots. I'm not going to complain about it. It did the trick and Muppet images were everywhere so I'm happy! ;)

I understand that concern too. It used to take a year or more to edit a motion picture. The advantage of modern digital technology is that a rough cut is usually assembled during shooting and a final edit can be completed in record time.

Here's an example of the modern age of film:
    Disney has already screened the Avengers and they're still planning to shoot, edit and insert an extra scene before it's release in only 3 weeks! Early buzz is that the movie is already phenomenal but Disney's not taking any chances so they're splurging for the extra coverage. I think the Muppets are in good hands. :)
  4. Pinkflower7783

Only time will tell. I still wish they'd get Frank Oz's advice on this I'm sure he could give some great insight.
    sofiasaldanha likes this.
  5. Avilos

Avilos Member

It appears Frank Oz has moved on. They tried last time and he passed. I am sure they would love his input but they can not force him.
    Nasubionna and jvcarroll like this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Yeah I know and that sucks. It's times like these I really wish Jim were still here. Anyways Nick and James were counting on you guys to make one heck of a movie and just as good if not better then this one!
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Of course, with the first film, they were working on the script for years, even before Disney picked it up. That script had quite a bit of polishing to it, and thank frog it did.

Somehow, the writers are the ones saying 2013 is unrealistic... there's either something to put us at ease or completely unsettle us there depending how things work out. I'm sure we won't get something rushed, but this is barely a year of work to go on. I'm all for seeing a movie next year, but if I have to wait for 2014 for something a little more polished, I'm not complaining. Hopefully if the writers don't feel the script is perfect, Disney would give them the extra time to complete it.

But the very fact we're getting another movie and with the same writing talent is nothing but great news all around.

There was a real problem marketing that movie, and I bet the move to drop "Of Mars" from the title made the film blend in with all the other ill conceived fantasy action flops to begin with. They dropped the ball with Prince of Persia (a game that I'm sure no one under the age of 27 has ever heard of anyway), and I'm guessing the public say previews for John Carter and said "It's the same movie." They could have and SHOULD have marketed it better, but there's such a flood of that kind of movie (Wrath of the Titans came out a couple weeks later) that it blends in quietly with the background, and no one, not even the marketers saw what was special about it.
  8. Pinkflower7783

Okay I just wanna add I know Disney is not perfect in marketing in everything. I just meant I think in general they do a good job that doesn't mean I think everything they market is perfect just thought I'd add that.
  9. Avilos

Avilos Member

I have read that the situation with John Carter was inter-company politics. The execs who green lighted it were no longer at Disney by the time it was released. But the new people who took over had no enthusiasm for it and did not bother to hype it.

The Muppets are a completely different situation. The movie was a success on many different levels. Disney made a huge investment in buying the Muppets. They are going to want to get the full profit from it. That they are already moving forward with another is proof. Also that the director and one of the writers of first is returning is hugely significant. It shows they were happy with it. Problems arise when studios try to maintain a franchise with new people because of doubts over the previous ones.

On marketing, the Muppets have an advantage that nothing else has. The actual Muppets themselves! No other movie can have the actual characters appear on talk shows and other places. That will probably be happening on some level all the time until the new movie comes out.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  10. Pinkflower7783

Now that I can completely agree on.
  11. lilmissmuppet

lilmissmuppet Member

im happy that a new muppet movie is coming out it is just that im worried it will be a bit rushed compared to the one that just came out so i hope if it is DEFINATLY NOT rushed . im also happy if it does come out because my birthday is in summer so i would be able to see it for my birthday:).
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  12. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

yeah my birthday is in the summer too and i would love to have it as a birthday gift but then again a quality film is in order :)
  13. lilmissmuppet

lilmissmuppet Member

i agree i would be angry if the movie was rubbish and i went to see it for my birthday . my birthday would be ruined.
  14. muppetlover123

15. lilmissmuppet

lilmissmuppet Member

also i hope that the new characters are bumped of like spamela hamderson and andy and randy
  16. Pinkflower7783

I already said it but I wanna see more Kermit and Piggy. I wanna see their relationship more at the fore front instead of being back shelved. I loved what moments they had in the movie and I feel that's part of the dynamic of the muppets so I hope they keep that in mind too.
  17. muppetlover123

maybe johnny fiama clifford and sal will make a cameo like pepe did in the muppets 2011
  18. lilmissmuppet

lilmissmuppet Member

yes i agree pinkflower7783 miss piggy and kermit should be more involved.also pinkflower7783 please can you look at my cookie monster song post and comment to what you think
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Unless they can get Brian back to do the movie, Sal would either be completely absent or recast. Somehow, I think Tyler Bunch could work as Sal.

I hope there's more of a balance between new and old characters, at least more Pepe and Rizzo to round it out. There were just TOO many Muppets they focused on the last time.
    Phillip likes this.
  20. muppetlover123

Yeah I agree they just need to recast Sal. Tyler Bunch could probably perform him but just get Kevin Clash to film a Clifford cameo and I'll be happy. :)
    Stulz, DramaQueenMokey and jvcarroll like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.