New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Like I said. I'd MUCH rather wait until 2014 for a GOOD movie slot. If this thing's in August, they might as well just release it DTV and give it a budget of 50 bucks. The G.I. Joe movie was hurt by the August release... I don't think I know anyone that even remembers there was a G.I. Joe movie. I wouldn't unless Marshalls didn't keep clearing the toys out and restocking them.

They have a movie in June, they have one in July... they probably have one in May, but it's too crowded in May anyway. I'd rather wait a year to give it a good shot, instead of dumping it in the death month, and putting the Muppets in permanent mothballs because of it.
Well good luck with 2014 because I think at this point and rate were definitely looking at a 2013 release date unless something happens that causes a delay in production. I personally changed my mind and am thrilled their looking at a next year release. They would have to release it within the June-July period if they wanna have it out on DVD by Nov. And like I said I'm sure that's why their pushing Nick and James to have it out by next summer. To capitalize on holiday dvd/blu-ray sales.

Drtooth

Reaction score
2013 is TOO full of Disney movies already, what with Phineas and Ferb getting the obvious late July release the Muppets would be a much better fit for. No one's going to want to see it in August, and that's going to hurt DVD sales, which WILL be crowded by whatever Pixar's releasing.

The Muppets did as well as it did because everything avoided the stiffest of competition. Other than 2 subpar kids movies, and one extremely well done movie that would have bored kids younger than 9 to tears, there wasn't quite the Summer blockbusters kicking their butts, while the DVD release was just before Easter, and a week where it was the highest anticipated DVD released alone. Both really helped the Muppets. An August release would kill the franchise, and no one's going to be buying Muppet DVD's if there's a bunch of other summer blockbuster films on DVD coming out at the same time.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll happily take "The Muppets Peace," as long as it doesn't have a cameo by Metta World Peace... :wink:

Seriously, though, I'm delighted Disney is already giving this such a push. I really hope, though, this is just a placeholder title and that they're not promoting it as an outright sequel to The Muppets. That movie (and its reception by audiences and critics) proved that we still love - and occasionally miss - these characters; this one should go a step further in proving that they can entertain us and make us laugh on their own, without having to pluck the nostalgia strings.
Love "The Muppets Peace" title. :flirt: Maybe it should feature Janice and her time before joining the EMB.

I agree with what you've said here Louis, but I personally like having the nostalgia strings plucked (at least a little). As a Miss Piggy collector for more than 30 years I live for nostalgia. I am nostalgic. Nostalgia is what I'm all about.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Who said it was gonna be released in August?!! Were only speculating like you're. But with Disney already confirming and with a script already in the works at this point it seems like a 2013 release is eminent. Like I said unless something happens that causes a delay in production I really think your looking at a 2013 release either by summer or another holiday release.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I should add James and Nick have said while some scenarios might play in from the last film it's gonna be a completely brand new story.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
"squeals!!!" goes into major muppet fan mode!!!!! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Status
Not open for further replies.