1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

But not TOO much wanting more. The last film left me wanting so much more, if they made the film an Andy Warhol-esque 20 hours long, I'd still complain it wasn't long enough.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Ohh... I'll probably see it from the time it's in theaters till the time it leaves and then wait another torturous few months waiting for it to come out on DVD. Oh the cycle starts again!! Lol.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  3. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Exactly! I know just what you mean! :)
  4. Pinkflower7783

Okay first of all here is another video with Kermit again saying they're hoping to start shooting the next movie the first part of next year...And two how the heck do these lucky kids get these kind of interviews?? I mean really! I'm so jealous!!! Lol!

5. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Well, if they start filming in January, the release will probably be close to what The Muppets was.
  6. Pinkflower7783

I still have a feeling even if it's not much they probably know a little more then their allowed to say. Kermit has been hinting in these interviews their hoping to start shooting the first half of next year.
  7. catherine

catherine Active Member

8. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I'm prayin' that this movie is all about the Electric Mayhem. Maybe new characters.
  9. Pinkflower7783

I doubt the whole movie is gonna be about them.
  10. LeahXZoot4Evur

Maybe. I just think it might happen.
  11. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

ok?? they already said their trying to get it too be a kermit piggy centered story
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  12. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

I could imagine The Electric Mayhem getting a scene in the new movie and a new song. But nothing beyond that. Maybe someday an Electric Mayhem movie will come out, who knows?
  13. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

At the most, the Mayhem will probably be supporting players.
    Pinkflower7783 and jvcarroll like this.
  14. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I missed the Mayhem's presence in last year's film. It seems Disney noticed the discrepancy when they were booked on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live to perform Can You Picture That. I'm sure they'll have a song in the new film. I just hope for more Gonzo!

It could feasibly come out next summer if they start shooting this fall. It's more likely to come out later in 2013.
  15. Pinkflower7783

I mean I'm sure theyll have a part but it's not gonna be major.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Thank you!
  17. LeahXZoot4Evur

I hope so.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I still think it would be great to have a Mayhem based Mockumentary on one of the music channels one day. They could get fake interviews with lots of famous musicians about how the Mayhem have been a big influence, etc.
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's a shame that they had so many potential Electric Mayhem numbers, and not a single second to do one in. The movie could be Andy Warhol length and we still would have found it truncated.

Hopefully this new project has the luxury of having the characters all together at the beginning and room for a couple Mayhem numbers.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. A lot of people have said its a shame that the Electric Mayhem didn't get to have a number instead of building the city to that old Starship song, but I still honestly feel like the gang were too freshly back together for it to have worked at that stage...having said that, The Electric Mayhem were all still performing at a train station (minus Animal) so they were obviously still friends and could have performed for the others.

Bea;zany:{Talking myself out of my own original point}regard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.