New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerstars

Reaction score
As long as we have a good, LONG editing period where the directors and writers can sit in on what needs to be cut. If anything was rushed in the last movie, it was that. Why else would they chop out huge chunks of very important plot info?
Like how Tex Richman can't laugh?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I am actually so excited about the movie now. I no longer have concerns if it's being rushed or not. I think hearing more details from Nick made me feel a little more settled. Plus the fact he said "Kermit and Piggy" was enough for me to jump for joy. I'm glad Nick and James seem to understand that that's what was lost for awhile in the muppets and whether people think so or not or whether you like them or not it really is the essence of the muppets.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
im just glad there is no human lead roles just pure muppets and cameos

now the only repeat cameo i wish could happen is Jack Black :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does Disney really have room for this movie in summer 2013? They have Monsters University and Phineas and Ferb coming out, both seem to be huge releases. If they release it in May, it'll get hurt by Iron Man 3, Star Trek 2, The Hangover 3, Fast & Furious 6, lots of sequels and I don't want to see it dumped into August. Granted, this movie is still some time way, but I personally think 2013 is a bit filled up for Disney already.
I said it before and I'll say it again. if we have to wait until 2014 for another Muppet Movie, I won't take any offense. We want it to get a nice release date, far from, the louder movies and well out of the death month of August. This movie should potentially get more people in theaters than the last one.

Secondly, Hangover 3? The whole thesis of the second one would be that it would be insane to do a second one, since it would just be the same story in a different location.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Secondly, Hangover 3? The whole thesis of the second one would be that it would be insane to do a second one, since it would just be the same story in a different location.
Keep in mind you could probably say that about many movie franchises. Jaws, Child's Play... Though I haven't actually seen those movies (my judgement is pretty much based on The Nostalgia Critic's reviews of the sequels). I assume you can say that about most horror film franchises. I've heard that Evan Almighty was originally going to be "Bruce Almighty 2" until Jim Carrey chose not to do it (and then I recently heard Carret now wants to do a Bruce Almighty sequel), but considering the lesson Bruce learned I wonder why that movie needed a sequel.

terrimonster

Reaction score
*facepalm*

ca·per
verb (used without object)
1.to leap or skip about in a sprightly manner; prance; frisk; gambol.
noun
2.a playful leap or skip.
3.a prank or trick; harebrained escapade.
4.a frivolous, carefree episode or activity.
5.Slang . a criminal or illegal act, as a burglary or robbery.
Yay for dictionaries! I'm pretty sure the term caper here is being used as the giant bolded definition. Why people keep worrying about it being a "sequel" of sorts to GMC baffles me
*smashes face into desk*

Caper does not mean what you think it means. I posted the correct definition on page 4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caper_story

Caper means a lot of things. It might mean what you think it means, but the caper is also an established movie/fiction genre. It seems unlikely to me that a screenwriter would use the name of a genre to describe something outside the genre. That doesn't mean that they're going to adhere to a strict format. In fact, I would bet dollars to donuts that they aren't. But it might not be the best thing to go facepalming and slamming your face into your desk at the ignorance of others when they might in fact be right.

My guess would be some combination of definitions 3-5 in your dictionary excerpt. I keep getting a picture of some kind of "Kermit's Eleven," with a far more comedic tone and no major felonies committed by protagonist Muppets.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I still find it hard to believe they would make another movie like GMC...which was my point

Beauregard

Reaction score
I suppose from the original description, TMTM could have been seen as similar to TMM and The Muppets could have seemed similar to VMC (it was) but they turned out to be wildly different approaches to the subject matter. Heck, Muppet Treasure Island has some caperish aspects!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The only reason Disney would want a summer 2013 release is to cash in on DVD sales during the holidays. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Lol, yeah. Honestly though, I LOVE the Muppets, and I LOVE Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a great time for more Muppety theatrical goodness imo! :zany: Whenever they release it, l be there, and all the better if it's during the holidays when people need activities to keep the kids busy while they're on break. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.