New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoebell

Reaction score
yeah, i agree. actually i think i've changed my mind on the question of whether or not it's being "rushed"

disney just wants to to keep them out there and do another one while they still have something of the spotlight on. and they're not on tv or anything, so they probably do need to do another one fairly quickly. i see the wisdom of it, really.

mo

Reaction score
I personally don't like rushed projects,If they are going to make it a good muppet movie I think it's best to put time and effort,but on the the other hand I am so friggin exicted! I wonder what the new muppets are going to be like who there performers will be~I just want frank to be doing the movie~I'll be honest I did not like the new muppet movie until I saw it. I found out frank was writing a screenplay for the muppets but jason segal beat him to it. I just wish frank was writing this
so many emotions!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I just wish frank was writing this
so many emotions!
I agree. I would love it if Frank could be involved in some way (and whose to say he isn't, at this stage).

But it is a real case of mixed emotions for me because with the almost entirely new range of recast Muppeteers (Dave G being basically the last of the oldies), the new director/writer team of Bobin and Stoller and the enthusiasm from the coorporation behind them...I LOVE the current vibe and when I see the latest appearances like Scooter at TED and the Muppets taking Manhatten (as New York's reps) I feel like I'm living back when the Muppets were fresh and new and unpredictable again. And that's even without Frank's current involvement.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Does Disney really have room for this movie in summer 2013? They have Monsters University and Phineas and Ferb coming out, both seem to be huge releases. If they release it in May, it'll get hurt by Iron Man 3, Star Trek 2, The Hangover 3, Fast & Furious 6, lots of sequels and I don't want to see it dumped into August. Granted, this movie is still some time way, but I personally think 2013 is a bit filled up for Disney already.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Does Disney really have room for this movie in summer 2013? They have Monsters University and Phineas and Ferb coming out, both seem to be huge releases. If they release it in May, it'll get hurt by Iron Man 3, Star Trek 2, The Hangover 3, Fast & Furious 6, lots of sequels and I don't want to see it dumped into August. Granted, this movie is still some time way, but I personally think 2013 is a bit filled up for Disney already.
I'd rather they aimed for a Thanksgiving/Christmas slot again. But then again, I don't want to see them always stuck in as a Christmas staple.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I really don't want a summer release, cause that's always a bad time. Thanksgiving was really good for them. There were son many holidays that people were off, going to the movies. I just want it to be during the year.

(P.S. It says Phineas and Ferb are coming out July 26 2012. I don't know what's up with that moviem cause I haven't seen any news on that)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'd rather they aimed for a Thanksgiving/Christmas slot again. But then again, I don't want to see them always stuck in as a Christmas staple.
That's again part of the problem. Disney already has a release on Thanksgiving weekend, their animated film Frozen.

And Phineas and Ferb does in fact come out in 2013. July 26 is a Thursday this year, next year it's a Friday, probably where the confusion comes from.

They could go with Christmas. All that's set there is the second Hobbit and Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'm sure they'll be another wretched Chipmunks in December soon enough, but who knows really.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as we have a good, LONG editing period where the directors and writers can sit in on what needs to be cut. If anything was rushed in the last movie, it was that. Why else would they chop out huge chunks of very important plot info?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Or bring back The Muppet Show I'm just saying. :stick_out_tongue: I have a feeling a holiday special will probably be in the works as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.