New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
No it does NOT mean its gonna be exactly like MC it just means the type of humor that will be involved. Please read the most recent update from Nick a few posts up.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Anyways...since hearing a few more details about the next film I can honestly say I am getting quite excited!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
So its gunna be a CAPER!??? Does that mean its going to be a remake of this???
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!! Phew, it's been too long since I last experienced the famous Beau gags 'n' muffins. Keep 'em coming you goof! We need a little Muppety light-heartedness in this thread (and many others!).

Cheers all!
:smile:
Anthony

Powerstars

Reaction score
Well, we could use more Bunsen and Beaker. Robin would also be a welcome addition. The plot, well, it's a comedy caper, so funny and suspenseful. NO, it will NOT be a remake of TGMC. Where do you think Jim Henson got the word "Caper" from? Certainly not out of thin air. Also, Beau, I'm new here, but....I love you. Back on-topic, some of the Muppets Tonight characters need more presence in this film. Bobo should be with the rest of the Muppets now, as Tex Richman....got a head injury. I think it would be best if he makes a brief cameo, that way we have another celebrity cameo. But please...NO JUSTIN BIEBER CAMEO!!! Unless he gets hit with something....maybe a water bottle?

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Well, we could use more Bunsen and Beaker. Robin would also be a welcome addition. The plot, well, it's a comedy caper, so funny and suspenseful. NO, it will NOT be a remake of TGMC. Where do you think Jim Henson got the word "Caper" from? Certainly not out of thin air. Also, Beau, I'm new here, but....I love you. Back on-topic, some of the Muppets Tonight characters need more presence in this film. Bobo should be with the rest of the Muppets now, as Tex Richman....got a head injury. I think it would be best if he makes a brief cameo, that way we have another celebrity cameo. But please...NO JUSTIN BIEBER CAMEO!!! Unless he gets hit with something....maybe a water bottle?
I agree... MORE ROBIN!!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Nick has said so far Walter, Kermit and Piggy are at the center. Which is no surprise and something I'm quite happy about. Lol! But seriously I'm glad it seems like they are focusing more on Muppets and less humans. Which is music to my ears!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't feel anything's being rushed...if they started filming in May - yeah - that would be rushed!

But historically since late 90's - here's the trap The Muppets ALWAYS have fallen into: they do a major project. And rather than spend the time between post-production and airing of the project planning for What Comes Next, they hold off until after the project's debuted and wait a little to gage its reception...then wait some more and take way too much valuable time considering what to do next that by the time they finally get around to it, it's essentially considered another "comeback" because there's been too long a pause in between.

So i'm ecstatic that the next Muppet film got the greenlight and the script's already being worked on so quickly...but they also need to look at other stuff to be doing in the meantime - the turnaround time on movies are rather long - they need to more clearly plan how to keep the Muppets in the limelight IN BETWEEN the promo blitz for the recent dvd release and year or longer it will take for the new movie to be in the can.

...and if anyone at Disney could use some "hints" - well, it may be time to beef up the viral videos again as well as new muppets.com content - not to mention getting season bloody four of tms out on dvd (and without all the good extras on bluray only thankyewverymuch)

Status
Not open for further replies.