New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandit

Reaction score
Its kind of a double edged sword. They created this character and he was the device to move the plot forward. It was a pretty big deal that he found his place in the world and his niche in life.
His story's been told.
However, how do you not undermine what you introduced in the last movie by excluding him from the next one? It almost seems like "Yeah yeah, he's a Muppet...but not really. He's a lesser plot device Muppet."
So do you try and force it or do you kind of accept that that's all he needed?
It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Its kind of a double edged sword. They created this character and he was the device to move the plot forward. It was a pretty big deal that he found his place in the world and his niche in life.
His story's been told.
However, how do you not undermine what you introduced in the last movie by excluding him from the next one? It almost seems like "Yeah yeah, he's a Muppet...but not really. He's a lesser plot device Muppet."
So do you try and force it or do you kind of accept that that's all he needed?
It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.
As long as I don't hear "KERMMMMMMMMMIT!!!!" I'll be good. Lol!

MWoO

Reaction score
I think Walter can easily work with the muppets as a new character. He's the ultimate fan. In the muppets he was the ultimate muppet fan, but whose to say he has to be just a muppet fan? He can be the ultimate guest star fan or instead of being a fan he can be the new "go for", maybe introduce some conflict with Scooter. Scooter is a suck up who really ought to be jealous of a Walter type who genuinely adores the boss. And if Kermit were to go back to his TMS roots he would totally use that to play a joke on Scooter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In the context of the film, I'd tend to think Scooter has been with the Muppets long enough to be promoted to a more important job, and Walter would be there to take his place in an entry level internship. Scooter would be a big brother type mentor to him. That's the ideal place for him.

I dunno. I don't want to see Walter dumped from the cast because he was a plot device in the last movie. It adds a lousy sub context that the Muppets reneged on a deal, nay... a promise made to him for all he's done for them.

I think he deserves a quiet, yet recurring tertiary character role in future Muppet projects. Especially if there's a TV show. Just watch out for over exposure.

MWoO

Reaction score
Scooter training a new "go for" is a neat idea too. Like giving the intern an intern type of deal. That's a great new dynamic they could set up. I can already see an episode if the muppet show where Walter gets his own intern, kind if like topo sticky getting his own little topo sticky.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's where I'd put him in the context of a show. Maybe give him an Eddie the Wet Nosed News Boy type role in this movie, depending on what the film concept is.

But I feel Scooter has paid his dues and should have greater responsibilities by now, possibly with more technical duties. I'd hate to be an intern for almost 30 years at the same job. He's a member of the family now, and I feel he has been since the first movie. he doesn't need the leverage of his uncle owning the theater, he's already accepted.

Walter taking on that job is only logical. I don't think Kermit would give him major star status as of yet... he is new and needs experience. But he can appear in sketches too, just like Scooter did.

Powerstars

Reaction score
The new Muppet film: I guess people sorta forgot about me
:fanatic:: The world hasn't forgotten, all ya need to do is show 'em again!

Yeah Bobin. Show us. Nao.

Status
Not open for further replies.