1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Apr 2, 2015.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Was that on NBC? I didn't remember.

2. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

Sunday Night Is not good for me I have The Simpsons, Bobs Burger, and The Family Guy, Therefore I would have to watch the Muppets ON-DEMAND....

3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Wow, this news keeps getting better! It seems like the show would be a mix of the variety and sitcom format, which is ideal, plus it's about time Fozzie found a girlfriend, lol.

WalterLinz likes this.
  4. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

It would be funny if Fozzie's girlfriend and parents, since it said they may be celebrity cameos, is Dakota Johnson and her parents.

5. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

This is such exciting news! This is exactly what we need!

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

But not everyone has Netflix. Pretty much all TV sets get ABC

Duke Remington likes this.
  7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Fozzie's girlfriend, boy he sure has changed from the shy guy he was in MTM, I am glad if this gets picked up it will be on ABC, because I watch most of my shows on ABC, and if this was on maybe NBC or CBS on a Wednesday, then I would have to give up one of my favorite shows on the ABC sitcom block, one article says whether it gets picked up or not could be announced as early as next month, which is something neat.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  8. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I just don't know. I'm kind of hoping for Sunday, but it would be very interesting if they placed it mid-week.

2014 was all bad timing that had to do with a lack of desire from auds and little to do with content. It wasn't just one slot, it was pretty much the whole year with a few blockbuster exceptions. Some years are just bad for films. 2014 was one of them. But it seems like a trend. If it's not a superhero franchise or a young adult novel it's gonna have a tough time.

9. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I feel like singing"Together Again". This is such exciting news. I for one plan to be optimistic about this as do most of you. :)

10. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Best news I've heard all day. I'm really hoping that this can develop from the script and pilot and become a full-fledged reality. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Bill Prady's work on the Big Bang Theory. However, I still have some doubts about the show's format and audience.

First, will the variety-thing work at all? This isn't 1980, or even 1996 for that matter. The last time the Muppets tried a reboot of the variety-show format, which we all know as Muppets Tonight, it didn't go past two seasons.

Second, what type of audience do ABC, Disney, and the Muppets have in mind? Audiences are even more polarized now than ever before, and for the most part, children and adults watch completely different programs. There aren't many shows out there that have appeal to both adults and kids, except for, interestingly enough, Sesame Street.

It's not that I'm pessimistic about this project. I'm hoping that this won't be a complete bust like previous ABC TV shows have been ("Selfie," anybody?). Maybe my expectations are too high. In any case, I'm happy about this news and for everyone involved in making the Muppets---dare I say it---mainstream again.

11. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

The Muppets need to come back to Prime-Time TV! :) :mad: :o :concern: :halo:

MelissaY1 likes this.
  12. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

ABC and the Muppets have a long history with each other and a lot of it did not end to well, mostly due to ABC. Lets hope this time it works out better for the both of them!

13. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I can't find them anywhere. Can someone please post them here or something?

14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

15. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I've let this news roll over and over in my head for the past few hours and I have no idea what to think.

Between this announcement of a Muppet pilot, upcoming YouTube videos and Ryan Dosier's recruitment into the Muppet ranks, I have not felt this hopeful, elated and excited in a very long time.

I'm just scared of the pilot not going anywhere- what if it fails? And even if it does turn into a series, will any Aussie television networks pick it up? I certainly hope everything goes to plan....

So, Piggy is not happy with her relationship with Kermit? No surprises there. As for Fozzie having a girlfriend, I could not be more happy about that prospect! Give me a new female Muppet any day of the week! I hope she is the complete opposite of Piggy! And if she happens to be human, at least make it a comedian and not an annoying random starlet who has nothing in common with our favourite bear!

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Not all YA novels. Just frustratingly that one. Vampire Academy opened a pathetic 7 mil. And thank goodness for that. We don't need any more tweenage fangirls ruining vampires for everyone. That's so over.

17. ConstantineFan

ConstantineFan New Member

Since it's ABC: they could do it at 10 p.m. EST on Tuesday Night after Marvel's Agents of Shield or they could cancel Resurrection and put Muppets into the Sunday Night timeslot at 9:00 p.m. EST after Once Upon A Time.

18. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

NBC is running from comedy, and especially Muppet-style comedy as far as they can. It's not in their best interests at the moment.

It will go to a Disney-owned network/channel for sure. If it goes to streaming, then Netflix will probably be the first Disney will go to.

As for people clamoring about variety shows, NPH is attempting an NBC primetime variety show in the fall. My guess is that Disney will decide whether the show is more variety or sitcom (the logline does have them trying to make a new variety show) whether or not that fails. If it succeeds, that will definitely change the direction of this show.

19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Something tells me Disney would want this to be on at hours when children are awake, and I can't say for all kids but when I was a kid, my bedtime was 9PM (when I entered middle school it was 10).

jvcarroll likes this.
  20. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

This is on prime time, not really for kids, personally I would love a TV-14 muppet show airing at 10pm, but most likely it will be a TV-PG show airing at 8:00pm-9:00pm, so all audiences can watch the show.