New Muppet Show!!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
ok no that I have your attention, who else thinks this new muppet show should NOT introduce a new character to host. I think new characters should be introduced but not a new host, part of the reason the last two shows failed was Kermit didn't host. I think there shouldn't be a direct host acctually but it should revolve around them running the theatre, going on the street and the muppet boarding house, as has been suggested. I think they should have a different muppet guide us through the episode every week.

Like the 1st episode goes like this:

Kermit takes us through the Boarding House to see Bunsen and Beaker working in the lab,the electric mayhem practicing and more. we then go on the street with Rizzo, Pepe,Gonzo, and Camilla who have taken over the show they interview random people and then Kermit gets back control at the muppet theater where we see a Pigs In Space sketch. we then see Vets Hospital and Kermit takes us back to the boarding house for a song and dance finale. what does everyone think?

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
Wait, there's a new muppet show for sure??? When did this happen!? When is it going to air?

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I forgot. I do not think that they should introduce a new host! Who was the host of Muppets Tonight? Was it Clifford... I don't know if I like Clifford... hmm..... I didn't watch much of Muppets Tonight because I wasn't as interested in muppets as I am now...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yep. Clifford hosted "Muppets Tonight!" I don't know if they're definately going to air a new Muppet Show or not. The said there were plans for it, but nothing was official.

I liked Kanasteen's idea of having a different Muppet guide us through the boarding house each week. That might work.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't think here should be a new muppet variety show. The muppet show was great and you can't beat it and Muppets Tonight was ok, but they messed with Clifford's personality and had too many new characters and not enough old. For the new Muppet Show I would like to see a sort of muppet sitcom type thing. Similar to the style of AVMMC. It's just the muppets everyday life. Almost like a mini muppet movie each week. There would still be muppet production numbers but not every week, or at least not a whole bunch of them.

The main par of the show could take place in the muppet house since that was a cool scene in MFS and the new theater set should definatly be a large part of it too, but variety shows aren't on anymore. They aren't big like they were in the 70's. A sitcom would do better I think and since the muppet theater would still be a part of the show they could add in a musical number. What do you guys think? Is it time for a Muppet sitcom? I suppose it would be like Greg the Bunny only good. :big_grin:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I think it a sitcom would work and no there is no new show yet I just wanted to get everyones attention

WiGgY

Reaction score
I read the Muppet Central review of Muppets Tonight and one of the reviewers asked the question: Was the show suppose to be a sitcom or a variety show. I think the parts of Muppets Tonight that were like a sitcom were prettygood and the acts on stage not so great. If the new muppet show was done like AVMMC, which was a good cross between variety show and sitcom stuff, then it would do well. For example. No guest stars! Or at least few guest stars. On Muppets Tonight the guest stars hogged the screen and plot. And what makes it worse is that the guest stars on MT weren't even all that good. On TMS the back stage didn't focus on the guest star and neither did all of the sketches. On MT the non-guest star sketches were like throw aways until the human came out.

If the new muppet shows does sitcom stuff and maybe one or two really good skits on stage, and no throw away stuff, it will be a huge hit. Maybe even as good as the muppet show. Why? Because you satify the fans who want to see quality sketches and you satisfy the fans who want to see more of the core cast.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I like that idea of throwing in a whole muppet show every now and then. And when they do that show episode Kermit should most definatly be the host. I mean he's Kermit! He deserves to be in the spot light again. I think when Jim passed writers were reluctant to make Kermit the main star since Jim wasn't around. Before Kermit was the head of the muppets because Jim was the head of the muppets but just because Jim passed doesn't mean Kermit should step out of the lime light. He's still Kermit after all.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I also think an interesting idea would be where on 5 episodes Dr.Teeth and the other electric mayhem members would give a sneak peak they are doing a documentary on them and then they did a special on them called "Behind the Muppets:the electric mayhem" and they did a story going from when the electric mayhem formed only they had Scooter as a member and then leading up to the new show, in which Scooter should be their manager again and he would get them all these wierd gigs to places like Bambay and Antartica.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I really really like the idea of a muppet sitcom. That could be very funny! And I agree, I hope there wouldn't be as many new characters as there were in Muppets Tonight. It took too much away from all the originals!