New Muppet Show!!!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
new Muppet skit

I'm not sure how a new Muppet show would be different from The Muppet Show or even Muppets Tonight, but I would hope some elements would still be there. I think it would be hilarious to see the Muppet Newsman still doing his updates on the show. In fact, I thought of a new skit they could use. This would be an attempt to make it a little more modern with newer technology. (Note: Yeah, I know this is pretty stupid, but you have to admit, you could see this happening, couldn't you?)

Muppet Newsman (at his desk with a new Windows OS computer)
And now for another Muppet news update. People everywhere are reporting being greeted by AOL with the message "You've got hail" and then immediately being clobbered with a mountain of hail. While these reports seem a bit dubious to most, police are investigating this matter.

(finished with the news broadcast and turning to his PC)
Muppet Newsman: That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. (shaking his head, he logs on to AOL and is greeted with "You've got hail" And of course, a deluge of hail rains down on him.)

(ok, this is the part where you laugh and say "that's not half-bad".)

(or maybe not)

Anyway, that's just one idea of something new they could do.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would rather see the older Muppets interacting more often than we've seen since 1990, but definitely a mix of old Muppets with the newer characters. I don't think we really need NEW characters, either.

I think Johnny Fiama or Pepe's reaction to, say, Crazy Harry would be funny; and I'd love to see more of Dr. Bunsen with Dr. Phil (the MuppetFest pairing by accident was very funny).

Definitely get Janice and Rowlf and Dr. Teeth more involved!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I seriously doubt we'll even see drawn up plans for a while. Besides... it's fox... we're putting our faith in a network that

• Cancelled Futurama dispite huge outcry because of the NFL. They couldn't find another space for it, but had enough room for sleezy reality TV projects and useless Klunker TV shows
  • Cancelled Alley McBeal (dispite the fact I hate it) for having slightly lower ratings, then replacing it with an unmemorable Knockoff that TANKED
  • Keeps renewing Temptaition Island and Joe Millionaire dispite how they are both one time annoying faddish shows that no one will watch

WiGgY

Reaction score
I hate Fox. The canceled too many good shows. Maybe the new muppet show could find a place on NBC or back on TGIF (it's coming back to ABC). Really anywhere at this point. There are way too many reality shows that have nothing to do with reality. HOW MANY FREAKING SURVIVORS DO WE NEED?!?!?!?!

Drtooth

Reaction score
NO!!! NOT ABC!!! I'd rather Fox than ABC.... look what they did to Muppets Tonight!!!!!!

TGIF looks like it will be full of the same lameo family oriented sitcoms that have been around since the 80's only with more sex jokes in it!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would like to see it on NBC, for sure. Fox would be nice IF they give them full respect that the Muppets are deserving of, and don't push them into being another "Greg the Bunny."

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes, NBC. Fox will turn it into a kiddy show, and *gasp* could put it on their saturday morning :eek:

DR. TEETH

Reaction score
I think NBC is a good Idea they seem to be loyal to there shows. Fox seems despert though, with all the crap they have on now. The Muppet Show might help them. :cool:

Luke

Reaction score
I said NBC a long time ago and people jumped on me and said it was a bad idea - LOL ! Yeah i'd like NBC to be the Muppets 'home' for both movies and TV shows so that they could really establish themselves and promote it. Thats if they are going to be family though - if they are going to still go edgy then Fox has it's advantages.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was one of those, Lukie! Since then, I'm seeing advantages in either location: NBC or FOX.

Too bad we can't just mix the two and put it on ABC--OOPS! Just kiddin' cause we KNOW the horrors of that dump!