New Muppet Sippy Cups

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Just returned from Walmart - yes on the eve of Thanksgiving and not to get stuff for the meal even, we were out of Pull-ups. :rolleyes:Anyway, while in the baby section I noticed The Muppets (the new logo) sippy cups. There were probably 5 or 6 different designs. Very well made and designed. There was a couple of the whole gang, one of the Electric Mayhem, an Animal minimalist one, and Kermit... and I think a couple more that elude me. Super cute. Couldn't find a price (typical) but I'm guessing they run about $5-6 based on what they usually cost.

Was definitely surprised to see Muppets in the baby section, I wonder if we'll see Muppet potty seats, high chairs, and bedding next?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
As much as I like the franchise to grow and there to be more Muppet merchandise. I don't think there should be too many stuff in the baby section. It's not really who they're aiming the franchise at, is it?
There should be more closer to adult themed products.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I like the franchise to grow and there to be more Muppet merchandise. I don't think there should be too many stuff in the baby section. It's not really who they're aiming the franchise at, is it?
That's exactly why I was surprised to see them. Even products aimed at kids like some retro looking shirts or backpacks, something like that would make more sense. Now, I'll probably buy one just because if we have to lug a sippy around (which we do) it might as well be something mommy and daddy like, right?

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Just returned from Walmart - yes on the eve of Thanksgiving and not to get stuff for the meal even, we were out of Pull-ups. :rolleyes:Anyway, while in the baby section I noticed The Muppets (the new logo) sippy cups. There were probably 5 or 6 different designs. Very well made and designed. There was a couple of the whole gang, one of the Electric Mayhem, an Animal minimalist one, and Kermit... and I think a couple more that elude me. Super cute. Couldn't find a price (typical) but I'm guessing they run about $5-6 based on what they usually cost.

Was definitely surprised to see Muppets in the baby section, I wonder if we'll see Muppet potty seats, high chairs, and bedding next?
That's exactly why I was surprised to see them. Even products aimed at kids like some retro looking shirts or backpacks, something like that would make more sense. Now, I'll probably buy one just because if we have to lug a sippy around (which we do) it might as well be something mommy and daddy like, right?
The Electric Mayhem... on a sippy cup? :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:

Aww... <3 :flirt::flirt::flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Batman and Spider-Man are also used on Sippy cups. I think they're just testing to see what demographics the merchandise will do better with. No one had that complaint about Easy Readers. Plus, any of us that have young kids will no doubt grab these up.

After this franchise is completely back up and running, I want to see a Muppet Babies line of Baby and toddler merchandise.

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Playing off what DrTooth said: The demographic those cups are aiming for are those of us who grew up with The Muppets and now have kids. Playing off the parents nostalgia is always a good marketing move.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hope us adults get some nice Bar glasses at some point like they have for TMNT, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons, Rainbow Brite, and I swear Sesame Street have. There were even Fraggle Rock shot glasses at one point.

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
I found these at Walgreens a few weeks ago. They were $5.99 each, if I remember correctly. I grabbed 2 of them for my 2 year old nephew. Now, he only wants juice out of his "Rock N Roll!" cup, as he calls it (which is actually the Animal sippy cup!) 2 years old and he LOVES Animal!:halo:

muppfozz

Reaction score

:concern:I hope they will have bedding and all the room stuff. I have a Muppet room and have Lion King on the bed and I really would love to find bedding with Muppets. In the 80s I found Muppet curtains and bought thoses but with my many moves have lost the tie back part. I really like them though.