New Muppet stuff coming to Disney MGM in 2006

peachesncream

Reaction score
it would be cool for a muppet store to make muppets but you never know with disney.there are so many possibilities for the muppets and muppet things.
vic- when you make it look for someone in fantasyland attractions with the name tag jessica from new orleans and it'll be me!(i also work the seuss landing attractions at islands of adventure)

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
I was actually just at wdw about two weeks ago and the fountain and everything was up and running. I was not very impressed by the store, there were a couple of cute shirts, but that was about it. The stuffed animals did not look at all like they should have and that kind of upset me. I was hoping to find a good fozzie, but there wasn't one. So maybe a new store would be nice....

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I would love a build-a-muppet shop, especially if they had a person there to guide kids (and big kids) through proper feature-placement and show them some rudimentary puppetry skills. That would be great!

Luke

Reaction score
It's a nice idea, but more merchandise. Is anyone else sensing a pattern here? It looks like Theme Parks, Merchandise and DVD's is what this sale to Disney is all about.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'm DEFINITELY excited. I just went 2 weeks ago, and loved MV3-D (as usual) but was TOTALLY underwhelmed by the lackluster offerings in the shop. I'd much rather have that part of the shop that has Disney schlock (keep the pins--I'm into pin-trading) be turned into a "Build-your-own-Muppet-Puppet-or-Doll" area, with some of the more "underrepresented" Muppets such as Beaker (no good merch), Fozzie (no good merchandise, just ugly-as-sin toys), Crazy Harry, the Electric Mayhem characters (maybe we can actually get a GOOD Animal doll this time, Disney?), and the Bear characters. I would prefer different-sized plush toys, mainly to have a license to print money for ALL ages, not just the market aimed at by Build-a-Bear.

That is just my opinion.

FYI, I may get a plug for my blog (http://muppetfandom.blogspot.com) on This Week in Tech with Leo LaPorte, as I have an entry about the whole controversy (if you can call it that) over "traditional" DVD release windows. In it, I praise the ambitious director for attempting to not screw us over.

I re-vamped my blog so I could encompass ALL of my interests, not just the Muppets, because as you know, news is INCREDIBLY slow these days about new Muppet stuff. So go visit!

BJ

Katzi428

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I would love a build-a-muppet shop, especially if they had a person there to guide kids (and big kids) through proper feature-placement and show them some rudimentary puppetry skills. That would be great!
WOW!
I hadn't seen this thread til this evening. And I had been thinking a few days ago that since there are "Build A Bear" workshops around,why not a "Make Your Own Muppet"?:cool:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I wonder what the chances are of having the build a muppet place also offer normal muppet characters to dress, if you know what I mean. Probobly 10000000 (and a million more 0) to 1 oh well, its still cool :smile:

brian

Reaction score
Luke said:
It's a nice idea, but more merchandise. Is anyone else sensing a pattern here? It looks like Theme Parks, Merchandise and DVD's is what this sale to Disney is all about.

$$$$ That is exactly what disney is all about.

Why do you think they are short so many cast members right now? Because they dont want to pay what the cast members want.

Sure, disney COULD take the muppets and expand a part of their theme park, or maybe release some old stuff on DVD, or create some new muppet shows/tv/movies/etc... but that would mean they would have to spend money in order for that to happen.

P

Philip Kippel

brian said:
$$$$ That is exactly what disney is all about.

Why do you think they are short so many cast members right now? Because they dont want to pay what the cast members want.

Sure, disney COULD take the muppets and expand a part of their theme park, or maybe release some old stuff on DVD, or create some new muppet shows/tv/movies/etc... but that would mean they would have to spend money in order for that to happen.
Disney is so not all about money. Sure, they care about it, but please knock off the Disney-bashing already! It's gotten pretty old already.:mad:

Besides, Eisner is not with the company anymore, so things are getting better at the company, so that must mean that it'll get better with the Muppets too--it'll have to. Be optimistic, please.