1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet Whatnot Kits at Toys R Us

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Oct 11, 2011.

1. TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hmm... easily accessible, possibly much cheaper versions of the F.A.O. Schwartz Muppet Workshop puppets.

I might just pick one up.
  3. TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

The only downfall I see is that they don't seem to come with clothing! Maybe sold separately?
  4. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I didn't see any clothes at Toys R Us... but now that I think about it, I wasn't really looking for them. FAO sells shirts online for $25, but that's pretty crazy. Hopefully Toys R Us will sell some.

I ended up buying the orange Whatnot. He's really awesome. As far as I can tell, the quality is only slightly lower than the custom ones from FAO. I think the puppet might be a bit smaller (especially in the head region), but it's such an awesome idea and gorgeous piece that I overlook that. The way of putting on the facial features is pretty ingenious... it's just Velcro. The ONLY problem I have is that the small, red-ball nose comes off pretty easily... but everything else stays on perfectly.

It's an awesome thing and I'm so glad that the Whatnots are more widely available now.
  5. Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

these are great...my only gripe is that they are too small for my hands, and thats the main reason i didnt but one when i went to FAO

how do you buy just the clothes...ive been wanting some for my own puppets????
  6. Muppetfan44 Active Member

Cool- really glad that they are trying to make them more accessible by selling them at Toys R Us and including a variety of different hair, noses, etc. Yeah, they should of at least put one or two shirts or something in there- we could have a lot of naked Whatnots, lol.

Hmm, maybe I'll ask for this for christmas.....
  7. rowlfy662 Active Member

excellent i don't have a whatnot from fao so this will by alternative christmas shall be muppety for me can't wait to find these
  8. DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Oh I want one of these!

I have an actual Whatnot, but I think he's pretty lonely and wouldn't mind a friend :)
  9. Fersureitsjess Active Member

I want one!
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  10. beaker Well-Known Member

Niiiice. Is this at every TRU?
  11. clovisjones New Member

I picked up one of each of these yesterday for my kids for Xmas. They do seem to be a bit smaller than the FAO ones (although these are also branded FAO and are found in that section of TRU) Their entire body is velcro and the various accessories stick on with the other side of the velcro. While they do not come with clothes, I've always gotten clothes for my other whatnots from Target or Gymboree. 12 mos baby clothes works for the original whatnots, I expect 6 or 9 mos would work for these.
    I like them, and think my kids will really enjoy them, but I don't think my hand will fit in them and I really prefer the fleece of the originals.
  12. clovisjones New Member

13. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well i think it's about time that people who could not make it to FAO could get a Whatnot! This is great! the Muppet merchindise is rolling on out woohooo!
  14. Nick22 Active Member

This looks pretty cool. I might need to go get my Muppet Whatnot a new friend!
  15. Walter Active Member

Just got back from TRU today, It turns out that they ARE in fact selling the Whatnot clothes from the actual workshop...I saw the sweatshirt, the leather jacket, and the pink dress thing.. all in the FAO wardrobe bags.
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I saw them. They're much larger than I thought they were... still, 59 bucks isn't all that cheap, though easily more affordable than the FAO kind.
  17. Walter Active Member

The funny thing is.. if you know your way around the FAO website.. you can actually order a blank Whatnot body from the workshop for 45$ plus S+H..It's all about manipulating the suggested products tab..
  18. Walter Active Member

And this is an OT question.. but How are the Whatnot eyes at the workshop version applied??
  19. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

hot glued on, thats how they did mine...
  20. Eaglekiller Member