1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Muppet Whatnot Kits at Toys R Us

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Same, I've got my orange (Avatar) Carl, and i'm really pleased just to have one without completly murdering my Wallet. The clothes ARE the killer. The Suit is just about the only one even CLOSE to being worth $20. Real kid's suits are at least that much if not more with a tiny jackets, shirts and ties. The rest (particularly the hoodie) are way overpriced. I picked up the Kermit jacket for mine today, and it was only $9. On top of it, a Muppets shirt comes with it.

Herry, Your Whatnots look great. Great job with their outfits. In that pic it's tricky to tell which is from where.
  2. Herry Grail

Herry Grail New Member

Thanks Carl! Giving the TRU Whatnot the snazzier jacket really plussed him up. That and a little extra Velcro to hold the nose, eyes, and hair down a little better, and he almost looks hot-glued.
  3. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Good point. I went out and got velcro for the hair. And new velcro for the glasses.
  4. Carl23

Carl23 Member

I did the same. I actually made his hair custom and stuck a bit of velcro in there to help keep it on. That's one of the reasons I went with the TRU, you can stick velcro on anything and they can hold it in their Muppety hands.
  5. DannyRWW

I didn't think about that. Prop handling is so annoying. Some smaller props might stay on with velcro. Heavier ones I probably would still have to use rods for though. Velcro seems to stick really well to these so maybe I'm misjudging.
  6. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Weight would definently be a factor, but you could easlily do gag glasses or something, and small light props like a toy cell phone or something would work as long as you had a good sized piece of velcro.
  7. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I like the look of these.

Do they sell them in UK Toys Are Us stores?
  8. Traveller

Traveller New Member

Hey I'm from Australia. Is it possible for anyone to pick up an orange whatnot kit and post it out to me? I of course will provide all the money. The kits on eBay etc are more pricy, and some go for more than the custom ones from the online store.
  9. MineKBMuppets

MineKBMuppets New Member

I got the orange kit and made my whatnot but there is this yellow thing that has no velcro for hair is it a necklace or bracelet?
  10. Carl23

Carl23 Member

That's supposed to be a "Boa" style hair. It's just supposed to sit on top of your Whatnot's orange head. How it is meant to stay in place is beyond me... You could always get creative and USE it as a Necklace, the elastic should have enough give to get it on there.
  11. DannyRWW

I've added velcro to all the hair pieces...they don't stay on well otherwise
  12. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Exactly. Mentioned earlier, I did the same on my custom hair. No way it'd stay in place very long otherwise.
  13. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

Bought both whatnots (blue and orange) yesterday bc finally on sale for $49.99 so saved $15 each!! Woohoo!! Does anyone know when the clothes will go on sale bc $24.99 for one outfit is a bit pricey to me. I wish they were $10-$15 each instead.
  14. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

I got the red hoodie (just because it says whatnots) but also purchased some really cool 6-9 and even 12 month toddler shirt and hoodie outfits that look awesome. Even found a dapper vest, shirt and tie set that my whatnot, Jasper Thibodeaux - Muppet Gigolo is currently rocking.
  15. ilovemuppet4eva

So I am considering buying some of the whatnot outfits after Xmas.. My TRU has the whatnot hoodie, cheerleader outfit, biker jacket, and plaid suit. Are there any other outfits I need to be aware of that TRU sells bc we have another TRU 30 mins from us also that I may check
  16. ilovemuppet4eva

Went to my local TRU and they now have a PINK muppet whatnot kit!!! (Only one of the two stores by me had the pink kit). When I bought the kit TRU was having a promotion for $15 off so I got the kit for $50.

Also, all of the muppet whatnot clothing is currently on sale at TRU stores only for 50% off through 11/23/13 - $12.49 each now!!!
    CaseytheMuppet and panmanthe2nd like this.
  17. ilovemuppet4eva

I went to TRU today and the blue muppets whatnot was on super clearance for $26!! I checked the pink and orange whatnots and neither were on sale. For $26, I couldn't resist snagging a blue muppet whatnot for myself!!
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  18. DannyRWW

Outfits were on sell for $12.50 at Toys R US here...didn't see any sales on the kits though (but no blue ones left either)
  19. ilovemuppet4eva

TRU now has Addtl 80% off brown clearance - if your store still has them, the blue whatnot is on brown clearance along with some of the whatnot clothing - blue whatnot is on sale for $13 each (I got 2 today bc they were so cheap!!) and the outfits are on sale for $5!!