New Muppet Whatnot Kits at Toys R Us

Walter

Reaction score
The link isn't working Eaglekiller... try using imageshack.. How were they packaged? this is very interesting news!

Eaglekiller

Reaction score
Go to Muppet Mindset on Facebook, I put a picture there too.

http://www.facebook.com/muppetmindset

The weird thing about the puppets is that there was no tag on them. A few had anti theft devices. I wonder if they had something for kids to create their own and these were the leftovers?

I was sooooo tempted to buy one but I already have a blue one and don't know if I could use it for my videos. I may change my mind when I get paid this week though!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I would love to go and get one, but I keep reminding myself - I want to do it when I'm in New York and can actually go to the workshop :excited:

Eaglekiller

Reaction score
Anyone else get the Toys R Us The Great Big Book? A $10 off coupon on the front page. And open it up and there is an ad for the Whatnots!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Was at TRU last night and hemmed and hawed a long time over the orange Whatnot...especially seeing it had a pointed nose in the kit...and the clothes!! They had a plaid jacket w/white shirt and tie which, though not quite Newsie's, was darned close...BUT. I'd undoubtedly get closer to what I want building my own from scratch. Very, very cute little guys (girls?) though. Thought the red Whatnot hoodie was funny.

------------------------------

goldengonzo

Reaction score
There's a BOGO 50% off sale going on now on FAO stuff, which the Whatnots are, but apparently they're claiming that the clothes are not "toys" and therefor do not count towards the deal. Has anyone tried buying anything this week and run into issues?

Walter

Reaction score
--------------------
Was at TRU last night and hemmed and hawed a long time over the orange Whatnot...especially seeing it had a pointed nose in the kit...and the clothes!! They had a plaid jacket w/white shirt and tie which, though not quite Newsie's, was darned close...BUT. I'd undoubtedly get closer to what I want building my own from scratch. Very, very cute little guys (girls?) though. Thought the red Whatnot hoodie was funny.

------------------------------
Just incase your curious..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lol.. It would look something like this... the simulator always gets the hair a little off..

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Just incase your curious..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lol.. It would look something like this... the simulator always gets the hair a little off..
Yep...I tried that already! But thank you. He's...too orange. But I may buy the clothing, and make my own...if possible. I'm a better 2-D than 3-D artist, but I may be able to throw some money at foam and see what I can do!
----------------------------

Eaglekiller

Reaction score
I put two Whatnots in my shopping cart and they do not come up as on sale.

Eaglekiller

Reaction score
Jackpot! I went to a real TRU today and got two Whatnots for $90 and got a $10 gift card too!