New Muppets Christmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsonga

Reaction score
which is why the Muppets wouldn't really work if they used magic or had characters that were fairies like SS
Umm..well it worked with Fraggle Rock just fine, and they lived in the same 'world' as the muppets. Also, because the SS characters have met the muppets just like the fraggles have it would be true that their world has fairies as well..and really, why not? Big Bird nearly met Santa in their own Christmas movie to remember...
Anyway, I like the idea of a new Christmas movie and don't mind the idea of Santa in it :smile:. Maybe it should be Robin writing a letter and have a running plot about everyone trying to mail the letter and things always going wrong...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Umm..well it worked with Fraggle Rock just fine, and they lived in the same 'world' as the muppets. Also, because the SS characters have met the muppets just like the fraggles have it would be true that their world has fairies as well..and really, why not? Big Bird nearly met Santa in their own Christmas movie to remember...
Anyway, I like the idea of a new Christmas movie and don't mind the idea of Santa in it :smile:. Maybe it should be Robin writing a letter and have a running plot about everyone trying to mail the letter and things always going wrong...
Ahh...Now that's where things get more shifty...Fraggles can have magic, because they live within another part of the Muppa-verse seperated by Fraggle holes...Sesame Streets bends the laws of physics everyday.

The Muppets...They are more real. Not counting the Lab...or the eatings...or the explosions...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I kinda agree, Muppet Show guys are a little more rooted in reality (not by much but... :wink:). Though of course "canon" is a word to be used loosely in Muppet land!

WeatherbySwann

Reaction score
I hadn't seen this latest bit of news posted yet, but according to Muppet News Flash, the Christmas special is now scheduled to air during the 2009 holiday season.

Davina

Reaction score
yay! something to (hopefully) watch when hubby gets back from deployment! (Ok, may have to tape it to watch with him, cuz who knows when it will actually air, or when he'd actually be getting home.. but.... we live in alaska.. we can pretend it's Christmas most of the winter.... and pretty much will be whenever he gets back....)
I'm just happy to see more specials and stuff planned and being worked on.. sure what little bits we've been told may sound a little cheesy, but the muppets are good at cheesy :smile:
I for one would love to see more classic novels adapted, but that's the English major/Librarian in me.. I loved what they did with MTI and MCC.. would love to see them do more classic literature adaptations and other such "educational" stuff (course, I'd also love to get more episodes of classic SS available for the kids and grandkids - oldest step daughter went and made us grandparents already! ok, so she's 21.. i'm only 34 and it was totally unfair....heh.. but i've at least got her convinced to let muppets rule the nursary.. heh)
wait and see... at worst.. it's a project and better then the nothing we've been getting for so very very long....

mattfoo03

Reaction score
Muppets: Letters to Santa

Just joined this forum to share some info. I was looking for info online about the Muppet special "Letters to Santa" and I found my way here. I live in Park Slope, Brooklyn. A bunch of flyers just went up around the neighborhood about the filming of "Letters to Santa" this Wednesday, Sept. 10, from 2pm to 4am. A number of streets in the neighborhood are going to be closed to parking to accommodate a film crew shooting some nighttime scenes. The flyers describe the plot: the muppets plan to escape the NYC snow, but must cancel their Christmas vacation to help children's letters reach Santa.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
WOW! How cool. Some pictures would be really appreciated.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Just joined this forum to share some info. I was looking for info online about the Muppet special "Letters to Santa" and I found my way here. I live in Park Slope, Brooklyn. A bunch of flyers just went up around the neighborhood about the filming of "Letters to Santa" this Wednesday, Sept. 10, from 2pm to 4am. A number of streets in the neighborhood are going to be closed to parking to accommodate a film crew shooting some nighttime scenes. The flyers describe the plot: the muppets plan to escape the NYC snow, but must cancel their Christmas vacation to help children's letters reach Santa.

It good to see the muppets as a part of Christmas again. :smile:.. But what is Christmas without snow? I live in Cali, we would kill for more than a half inch of snow that melts before noon :frown:!

Beauregard

Reaction score
...Well, that sounds interesting.

LOVE the idea of them trying to get out of NYC for Christmas!

Slightly confused by the whole children's letters thing, but, hey, that's what the Muppets are for! Maybe they're taking them for a Children's Home or something?

armslength

Reaction score
According to the latest press release, its' about the Muppets accidentally averting three kids' letters to Santa and rushing to make sure they get to Santa so the kids' Christmas doesn't get ruined...that certainly sounds more appealing to me than the Muppets' own letters to Santa.

...and Kermit at least probably hasn't been all that enamoured of snow every since the Harvey Kneeslapper incident! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.