6. I Got You (I Feel Good)-The Electric Mayhem
  7. Joy To The World (Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog)-Fozzie, Kermit, and Gonzo
  8. Friends in Low Places-Rizzo and Pepe
  9. Earth Angel (You Will Be Mine)-Scooter
  10. The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy)-The Electric Mayhem
  11. The Rainbow Connection-Cast

ploobis

Reaction score
I would love to see an all Johnny Fiama CD! Along with some songs by Sal of course.

Maybe they can call it "Johnny We Hardly Heard Ya" (Like in Muppets Tonight) or maybe "Ole Green Face" or something like that. :smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Y'know, I've always wanted to see a Muppet cover of Joni Mitchell's River. I know it's a bittersweet song, but still, it could be really beautiful sung by someone like Gonzo. Maybe on the next Christmas album.

Telly

Reaction score
What about Piggy singing "Pig Blonde & Beautiful" (instead of "Big Blonde & Beautiful" from Hairspray)? Or else from Hairyspray, I'd like to hear the Muppet cast sing "You Can't Stop the Beat" or "Come So Far"

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
What about Piggy singing "Pig Blonde & Beautiful" (instead of "Big Blonde & Beautiful" from Hairspray)? Or else from Hairyspray, I'd like to hear the Muppet cast sing "You Can't Stop the Beat" or "Come So Far"
YES. They should totally do that. :big_grin:

Telly

Reaction score
I'd also like to hear the Muppet cast sing "Seasons of Love" and "Finale B" from RENT

chequepoint

Reaction score
I've been lurking forever... Never had anything useful to contribute until now.

Just so that everybody has an idea as to whats going on with the music clearance issues, this is an overview. I've worked in the music industry for a while.

For the CD's - You have a statutory, government right to record a "cover" of any previously released song. You just have to file for a license that can't be denied, and pay the fee of .091 per copy sold. They could record a "muppets sing the beatles" boxed set, and nobody has to ask anyone who owns any beatles songs. You just have to mail in a form and a check.

For the Video Productions - Songwriters have a right to control when their song is set to video, and the price is negotiable. You can also flat out deny it. So disney/MHC/etc. has to negotiate each track with each publishing company. The publishing companies know that Disney really wants to put out these sets, so they drag out the negotiations to get the most money possible.

There is your music law update ha :halo: :cool: :sing: