1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Series 9 line up!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Aerosmith, Apr 20, 2004.

?

What series 9 figure are you looking forward to most?

Poll closed Jul 19, 2004.
  1. Fozzie with Chuckie

14 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Pops with Gaffer

36 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. Lips with Java Muppets

25 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. The Swedish Chef

10 vote(s)
    11.8%

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

No, Palisades doesn't have the tools for Beaker. But, yes, they could be re-molded and re-painted.
  2. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I voted Lips... gotta love a fellow trumpet player! :sing:

But I was actually saddened to hear that the Gonzo and Rizzo MTI two-pack was pushed back (IMO, you can never have enough Gonzo... let alone enough MTI figures!)

So here's my list:

Definitley get: Lips

Probably get: Fozzie

will most likely get: Pops

and if I can get it (like if I have money or if someone wants to get it for me as a gift): Swedish Chef
  3. John Steffens

John Steffens New Member

HELP!

What is a a blunderbuss??
    I know it says what it does, but I still don't know what it looks like.

and also, I'm assuming that since Pops, says that he comes with Happiness Hotel desk, that the Muppet Show desk was 86'd??
  4. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

It's a gun.
  5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Blunderbuss? Thats a gun? Why would Pops have a gun for. I don't recall him having one. That is if there was an episode where he did.
  6. Telly

Telly Active Member

Sad

:sympathy: I'm sad that MTI Gonzo and Rizzo got pushed back to who knows when. I was lookin forward to them. It wouldn't be so bad if it would've been a different Muppet that wasn't out yet. You know...like maybe Wayne or Wanda or Clueless Morgan. I want Clueless Morgan! :boo:
  7. anathema

anathema Active Member

Chef has the blunderbuss, not Pops. Off the top of my head I don't recall how many times he used it, but there was at least one: making 'doo-nuts' ;-)
  8. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

A few things...
    1 The Swedish Chef, in his TMS accurate clothes, is the S9 figure who'll have a blunderbus accessory. A blunderbus is what was known as an elephant gun. For shooting those elephants that got into your pajamas. But how they got into your pajamas, I'll never know.
    2 The Swedish Chef used the blunderbus a number of times like when he needed to get the pancakes unstuck from the ceiling, or when Danny Kaye used it to shoot down the flying turkey and get an international meal in seconds.
    3 The Muppet Show backstage wall and desk planned for Pops has indeed been dropped due to budgetary reasons. But in its place, we get some more clever accessories to create a GMC Happiness Hotel mini-environment. We get a Happiness Hotel desk (repaint of the desk that came with the Newsman), bell, desk lamp, guest sign-in book, flyswatter, and a pack-in figure of Gaffer the Cat.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  9. anathema

anathema Active Member

Not quite :) http://www.allsands.com/History/Objects/gunsblunderbuss_skj_gn.htm

You *could* try shooting an elephant with a blunderbuss, but it wouldn't do much good...
  10. The Count

Thanks for clearing that up pal. I'll find a rull definition anyway and everything will be cleared up.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

SEE THE BLUNDERBUSS HERE, bork bork!

(BTW, I googled the pic; dunno who that is holding it, but for size knowledge I chose to pic a photo with a person in it. Wow. You should see the photo of what that gun does to a turkey!)
  12. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

This thread is curious...

OK, I have a few questions here regarding this new lineup, because it opens up a whole slew of questions...

A: What happened to the original Beaker mold??? Not that it was drop dead awesome, but why get rid of it?

B: This is also good news that it's gone, cause we might actually see a pop-up headed Beaker at some time!!! How friggin awesome is THAT!!! With more of the current turtle-neck style. Sweet.

C: I didn't read every post here, but is anyone else wired about Gaffer??? I know that the accessories are subject to change due to financing, but that is the single most looked after accessory for my collection...

OK, that's my slew. More like a few. See ya in two.
  13. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

I voted for Lips although shouldn't his "skin" be a lillte lighter? And I would have rather had the MTI Gonzo/Rizzo 2-pack than the Swedish Chef.
  14. The Count

To clear up a few things...
    1 Fozzie, yes, the skin tone on the Lips figure will be worked to Palisades Muppets figure perfection.
    Did noone take to heart the safety that it would undergo transformation in its color similar to what happened to Lew Zealand? Not worried about that one.
    2 CapBackfire...
    a It's not that the original Beaker figure mold has been gotten rid of by Palisades. The thing is that it, and the mold for all S1 and S2 figures are currently being held hostage by the first factory Palisades got to make those first two series. The various body parts and remoldings have been implemented on previous releases, but unless Palisades rescues those molds any reissues of those figures would have to be mostly new sculpts like Dr. Teeth and/or Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.
    b Beaker will have pop-up head mechanisms, at least a version of him. The Mini Muppets version of Beaker that will be available with Wave 3 of the Minis will have the retractable head action. And while it won't have that same action feature, one of Super Beaker's interchangeable heads is molded/sculpted to look like it's been retracted and/or exploded.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  15. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Does anyone happen to know if Yorick will be included with the Uncle Deadly figure? I can recall where, but I thought I read somewhere that he would be. For that matter, has there been any talk of having a Sam and Friends spin off series of figures? I realize Sam and Friends is not directly linked to The Muppet Show, but I thought it'd be good to ask. I know I'd love to own such collectibles.
  16. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Apparently Henson nixed the possibility of a purple Yorick coming with Uncle Deadley. He will have a skull similar to what was in the Christopher Reeve episode.

There has been some talk of a 50th anniversary Kermit figure for next year like from Sam and Friends, but I haven't heard anything from Palisades one way or another on that.
  17. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

What the HECK???

How the heck could they have a 50th anniversary??? Haven't the Muppets only been around for about 35 years or so??? ANd Kermit has only been around for Muppets and not for SS, RIGHT???

Maybe I'm crazy...
  18. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Um...what?

The Muppets began about 50 years ago. Kermit has been around for 50 and I think Rowlf has as well. Not to mention the Sam and Friends muppets from about 50 yeatrs ago. And Kermit was absolutly with Sesame Street. He's not owned by Sesme Workshop, but he did star on that show once upon a time.

The muppets go beyond Sesame and The Muppet Show. They've been doing stuff for a long time.
  19. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Last I heard from Ken said that Henson nixed the TMS skull too.
  20. matleo

matleo Active Member

I voted for Lips. Althought right now I think Pops is the best sculpt. Lips is the figure I really can't believe is being made and I really can't believe we're finally getting. Overall, Series 9 is the one I'm the most excited about. Lips, Pops, and Tux Fozzie are 3 of the figures I've wanted most since this line started and the accessories with each sound really cool. Of coruse we still have to get S8 out there first too! Those will be some fun guys.

--Matt